Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 11:16 PM

701 posts, read 2,473,476 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzedforhim View Post
Thanks, I guess I have been spoiled. The last two times we sold we had a buyer in the first month.
yeah...our first sale, we had a buyer in two weeks. They pulled out two days (!) before close of sale. That hurt in more ways than to our ego since they got all of their earnest money back. We had moved stuff into our new home, too, and those poor folks had to deal with what happened to us also. They had to carry an extra mortgage payment for 4.5 mos. (on a pastor's salary) until they found a buyer besides us. It all worked out for the best in the end though.

Quote:
It's more stressful this time around as we don't have time on our side since hubby's company needs him there now...but we can't afford a place here AND a place there. They are going to have him work here in California for now...but how long can that go on?
For as long as he can keep productive. It's only near impossible to homeschool and provide him a quiet spot...but only *near* impossible, right?

Quote:
Sorry for venting, it's not like me to be this discouraged. I guess we all have phases we go through. But...thanks for the encouragement, I know it will work out in the end.
There are many phases to this thing. Chances are, you will hit low point a few times more, but that only means there are higher points in between. If you are meant to move here, it will be made possible and it's just a matter of when and what you have to deal with in the mean time
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2007, 09:34 AM

1,235 posts, read 3,758,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllAroundAustinRES View Post
Everything I have read or watched on TV has stated that Austin is one of the 7 continually growing markets in the US. I have even seen us ranked all the way up to #4.
The latest ranking I heard about was on last night's local news, Austin was ranked NUMERO UNO for Hispanics. They didn't provide much detail as to how this was measured, whether it was based on quality of life, business opportunities, culture, weather (no, couldn't have been weather... ), but my guess it was a mix of many measures on which the Hispanic-oriented magazine ranks cities. And I apologize that I don't recall the name of the magazine, but I'm sure someone can do a Web search and find this info.

Filmmaker Magazine ranked Austin the "best city for making movies" in 2005 or 2006.

There are many other rankings that put Austin near the top. I'm not advocating that this market won't continue to grow, I'm advocating caution in the expectation that some people would have regarding the effects of that growth on investments. Smart investors will rake in profits, reckless investors will go bankrupt. Boom markets are inherently unstable and always produce a large number of losers along with the winners.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin