U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-23-2011, 12:16 PM

18 posts, read 29,454 times

Advertisements

So I down graded from brick and motar to a trailer. So I hope to make the best of it. As the economy has completely changed all plans I had. OK so what, time to make some chicken soup out of chicken......well you know the rest.

Back to my plans at this point. It will be the Hot Rod Coffee Trailer. So it will have a hot rod and bikes theme to it. Because for many, if you don't own a hot rod or motorcycle we like checking them out. So did I give away the era I come from? Moderator cut: advertising

In the designing stage now. Had a set back with an estimate of $20k just for the cabinets and "mill work" from the folks that are helping me with most of the coffee/espresso equipment. But for the convenience of using their experience to set up everything, $20k is more than a new 8.5 x 16 trailer is going to cost me. So then I have to make my own drawings and measurements to have the trailer company make my cabinetry, custom also. It will be a fraction maybe $3k - 4k.

I saw another old thread about re-wiring an Airstream on here, so I know there are a few here with concession trailer experience. Hopefully as my process goes I can get some feedback.

I am getting a higher quality espresso machine, 2 group head that requires 220v. So I am having the trailer built with two 50 AMP panels. One that will be dedicated to the espresso machine. Then another 50 AMP panel for everything else. The electric needs are 2 undercounter refrigerators, one 27" and one 48", an ice machine, not sure on that size yet, but something between 220 - 300 lbs per day, a brewer, 3 or 4 grinders, and 1 or 2 smoothie blenders. I am NOT getting a generator because my plans are to find a spot here in the Round Rock/Austin areas to park it. Not interested in traveling around where I would need to be self-contained. Besides I am hearing that it would require a pretty hefty generator to power everything, especially the 220v espresso machine. Does my plans and needs sound right?

I'd love any other advice that I should be considering in building my future coffee/espresso trailer. Look forward to hearing from you. Back to the plans.
Ken

Last edited by Bo; 05-23-2011 at 12:29 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2011, 06:23 PM

18 posts, read 29,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbell18001 View Post
So I down graded from brick and motar to a trailer. So I hope to make the best of it. As the economy has completely changed all plans I had. OK so what, time to make some chicken soup out of chicken......well you know the rest.

Back to my plans at this point. It will be the Hot Rod Coffee Trailer. So it will have a hot rod and bikes theme to it. Because for many, if you don't own a hot rod or motorcycle we like checking them out. So did I give away the era I come from? Moderator cut: advertising

In the designing stage now. Had a set back with an estimate of $20k just for the cabinets and "mill work" from the folks that are helping me with most of the coffee/espresso equipment. But for the convenience of using their experience to set up everything, $20k is more than a new 8.5 x 16 trailer is going to cost me. So then I have to make my own drawings and measurements to have the trailer company make my cabinetry, custom also. It will be a fraction maybe $3k - 4k.

I saw another old thread about re-wiring an Airstream on here, so I know there are a few here with concession trailer experience. Hopefully as my process goes I can get some feedback.

I am getting a higher quality espresso machine, 2 group head that requires 220v. So I am having the trailer built with two 50 AMP panels. One that will be dedicated to the espresso machine. Then another 50 AMP panel for everything else. The electric needs are 2 undercounter refrigerators, one 27" and one 48", an ice machine, not sure on that size yet, but something between 220 - 300 lbs per day, a brewer, 3 or 4 grinders, and 1 or 2 smoothie blenders. I am NOT getting a generator because my plans are to find a spot here in the Round Rock/Austin areas to park it. Not interested in traveling around where I would need to be self-contained. Besides I am hearing that it would require a pretty hefty generator to power everything, especially the 220v espresso machine. Does my plans and needs sound right?

I'd love any other advice that I should be considering in building my future coffee/espresso trailer. Look forward to hearing from you. Back to the plans.
Ken
So would I want 2 seperate 50 Amp panels with 2 seperate plugs or can I get a 100 Amp panel with 1 plug for everything?

Old 05-24-2011, 04:12 PM

554 posts, read 903,490 times
Did you really just quote yourself and reply? You will probably have better luck with an electrician. Nobody can tell you what to get without knowing how much current each appliance will draw.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin