Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2011, 01:40 PM
APK APK started this thread

3 posts, read 6,387 times

Advertisements

I am looking to send my baby girl to the Children's Courtyard located in the Circle C area. This is for the Infant 1 program. Does anyone know how good this day care is? What are the positives and/or negatives about this place? Looking for some feedback. thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2011, 07:06 PM

3 posts, read 6,461 times
My daughter attended this day care from age 3 months to 15 months. I would not recommend this center. The lead infant 1 teacher is quite good; however, the assistants and teachers at the older age groups are very questionable. They have quite a bit of lead teacher and assistant teacher turnover. My biggest concern is their management. Management is extremely disorganized and lacking integrity. I wrote a rather lengthy review on yelp (The Children's Courtyard - Circle C Ranch - Austin, TX) that I would encourage you to read.

After we withdrew from Children's Courtyard, we started at Bright Horizons (Escarpment & Davis). We've really enjoyed Bright Horizons. I'm not sure about their infant classes but the toddler program is wonderful. They are going through a remodeling effort over this summer. The plans sound like the facility improvements will be worth the inconveniences of the remodel.

I'll also admit that we toured Bright Horizons before my daughter was born 18 months ago and wasn't overly impressed with their infant program. However, I've been watching the infant classes next to my daughter's toddler class lately and the babies generally seem very happy, well taken care of, and get lots of love and attention.

Best of luck to you! It's a hard decision to pick day care!

Amy A.

Old 06-24-2011, 10:00 AM
APK APK started this thread

3 posts, read 6,387 times
Thanks a lot for your response. The infant 1 lead teacher did seem very good. So I have decided to go with CC right now and move to BH for the future age groups. I did tour BH also and to be honest the only thing I didn't like about there is the not so bright classrooms. I have however decided to keep them in mind for the toddler classes as you have suggested (and based on other feedback as well).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of: