U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2011, 02:20 AM

440 posts, read 1,526,292 times

Advertisements

What can y'all tell me about the Galleria/Bee Caves area?

Looking to move that way in the next few weeks. Toured the Alexan Galleria apts this week, and really liked what I saw. The reviews worry me a bit, but I've noticed most apt reviews complain about noise, dog poop, and office staff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2011, 09:00 PM

59 posts, read 169,898 times
If you are looking at apartmentratings.com remember that it is usually the unhappy people that put comments on them, so you can't look at it too seriously. I have never lived in the Alexan at the Galleria, but heard they were expensive. But, ideal location if you want to be by shopping and restaurants.

We live in a single family home near Bee Caves and like it so far. Also depends how much time you want to spend in the city of Austin because depending on where in Austin you are going the commute could be bad.

Old 07-27-2011, 01:53 AM

I don't drive into Austin that often... I've had to lately from North to South, due to where my horse is boarded in south Austin. I'd like to avoid 45-1hour commute back and forth just to go ride... I compete him, so I need to get in a minimum of 5 rides/week. I think Bee Cave will be close to him, but not so far out in rural area that I can't enjoy "city life".

Only thing I really worry is I don't know the area THAT WELL. I've lived in North Austin since I moved here two years ago. Being (soon to be single again) young female, I worry about safety in areas, etc.

Old 07-27-2011, 02:38 AM

708 posts, read 2,406,963 times
You'd probably worry about the Bee Cave cops before you'd worry about Bee Cave crime
(nothing personal, of course; small-town cops have to meet their quotas somehow).

Old 07-27-2011, 05:12 AM

3,845 posts, read 9,415,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KWPN View Post
I don't drive into Austin that often... I've had to lately from North to South, due to where my horse is boarded in south Austin. I'd like to avoid 45-1hour commute back and forth just to go ride... I compete him, so I need to get in a minimum of 5 rides/week. I think Bee Cave will be close to him, but not so far out in rural area that I can't enjoy "city life".

Only thing I really worry is I don't know the area THAT WELL. I've lived in North Austin since I moved here two years ago. Being (soon to be single again) young female, I worry about safety in areas, etc.
I've lived in the Bee Cave area for the last 17 years. Was here before all of the shopping, homes and apartments in Bee Cave. It's a nice place. You have nothing to worry about from a safety standpoint. I work in North Austin, so I can tell you that comparatively it's a good place.

IMO, it's really a nice location - not too far out and also not too far to get to Lake Travis parks, and decent shopping and restaurants (now). Also, you're not that far from more in-town stuff in Austin proper. If the apartments suit you, I think you'll be happy with the general area.

Old 08-30-2011, 12:04 AM

Thanks for the advice! I moved about 2 weeks ago to the area, and love it so far! Everyone was right, I feel very safe in the area. Now if I could just find out who delivers food, and where the certain things are. I've realized I have to drive out to Sunset Valley to go to stores I'm used to have around the corner when living up north. Learning curve

Old 08-30-2011, 12:25 AM

10,621 posts, read 9,329,595 times
That area is a nice part of town. You're within walking distance of the movie theater, restaurants, Amy's Ice Cream, Barnes and Nobles, and many shops.

You are still aways out from the center of town though. Welcome to Austin.

Old 08-30-2011, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cBach View Post
That area is a nice part of town. You're within walking distance of the movie theater, restaurants, Amy's Ice Cream, Barnes and Nobles, and many shops.

You are still aways out from the center of town though. Welcome to Austin.
Thanks I've actually lived in Austin for a couple of years now. Just new to the Bee Cave area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or