U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-26-2011, 06:11 PM

663 posts, read 611,717 times
Default County Line BBQ in Albuquerque

I just drove past a BBQ restaurant here in Albuquerque called "County Line". Could this be Austin's County Line--a little taste of Austin here in New Mexico. That would be nice.
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2011, 06:54 PM

1,115 posts, read 1,199,480 times
Yes, it's the same County Line. Not exactly a destination, but it's good in a pinch.

Old 09-26-2011, 06:58 PM

3,902 posts, read 5,713,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nonexpat View Post
I just drove past a BBQ restaurant here in Albuquerque called "County Line". Could this be Austin's County Line--a little taste of Austin here in New Mexico. That would be nice.
except the food is terrible

Old 09-26-2011, 07:59 PM
Status: "Ain't no cure for the summertime blues!" (set 5 days ago)

2,682 posts, read 5,211,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin97 View Post
except the food is terrible
I wouldn't say it's terrible at all. It's not the hands down best BBQ- there are tons of places in and around Austin for that. But overall, it's a great dining experience. The food is good (not great), consistent, cheap for what you get, and in Austin at least, the locations are nice. There's a reason they've been around so long and they get plenty of business. Their grilled chicken breast is one of the best I've had!

Old 09-27-2011, 08:36 AM

931 posts, read 1,426,362 times
The food at the ABQ CL is the same as the CL's in Texas-- same owners, same products, same cooking methods. And the ABQ CL has the best location, at the foothill of the Sandias over-looking the city.

Old 09-27-2011, 07:30 PM

3,902 posts, read 5,713,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlady View Post
I wouldn't say it's terrible at all. It's not the hands down best BBQ- there are tons of places in and around Austin for that. But overall, it's a great dining experience. The food is good (not great), consistent, cheap for what you get, and in Austin at least, the locations are nice. There's a reason they've been around so long and they get plenty of business. Their grilled chicken breast is one of the best I've had!
Their brisket is consistent... consistently dry. Their bread is great and their ribs are fine. Just because a place is is busy doesnt mean the food is good - for example mcdonalds.

Old 09-28-2011, 05:55 AM

2,340 posts, read 5,813,460 times
If you want Texas bbq out there I am guessing its a good choice.

Old 09-28-2011, 03:52 PM

6,772 posts, read 10,004,265 times
The cool thing about the County Line(s) in Austin are the ambiance. They both are pretty cool locations. One on a hilltop with a rural feel and a hill country view, and the other off bull creek with a neat creekside deck and not far from the dramatic cliffs along 2222. In some ways, they have the coolest ambiance of any of the BBQ places, even the Salt Lick.

The food is decent enough, but can't compare to some of the other BBQ joints. Not the first place I think of when I crave BBQ, but a neat place to go nonetheless.

If I were in Albuquerque craving some BBQ, I'd probably go there. Texas style is about as good as BBQ gets in New Mexico.

Old 09-28-2011, 07:25 PM

931 posts, read 1,426,362 times
For the record:

There are several BBQ places in ABQ: The County Line, as mentioned, two Rudy's (franchises), The Smokehouse (Panhandle style), two Powdrell's (East Texas style), The Whole Hog Cafe (Memphis style), two Quarters (West Texas style), JR's (Arkansas style), The Cube on Central, (Memphis style), and Johndhi's (North Carolina style).

Old 09-28-2011, 11:18 PM

663 posts, read 611,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danbo1957 View Post
For the record:

There are several BBQ places in ABQ: The County Line, as mentioned, two Rudy's (franchises), The Smokehouse (Panhandle style), two Powdrell's (East Texas style), The Whole Hog Cafe (Memphis style), two Quarters (West Texas style), JR's (Arkansas style), The Cube on Central, (Memphis style), and Johndhi's (North Carolina style).

Thank you for the information. I agree with a previous poster about County Line having beautiful locations in Austin, and the same is true here in ABQ. It is up in the heights with a great view. We will definitely go there soon since although we like the green and red chile here, we need to change it up a bit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin