Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2011, 08:36 AM

2,392 posts, read 9,648,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr&mrs_k View Post
This is Bee Cave, not downtown Austin. It took my husband over an hour to drive five miles home last night, due to this concert. Traffic was at a standstill on 71, so still that people were getting out of their cars and police were everywhere. I don't think we should have to deal with conditions like this out here in the Bee Cave area, even less so than if we were in Round Rock, really. It was loud too, but the worst part was the traffic madness it caused.
traffic..really for an event...happens all over ,even out here in CP/Leander area cause of the Cedar Park Center, 183 out here( the part near Liberty Hill) comes to a stand still some days because of construction so the fact you are in Bee Cave is not going to get you any less traffic..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2011, 08:38 AM

7,228 posts, read 16,094,093 times
well, the Backyard was causing traffic out that way long before most of the houses (and certainly retail) was built! 71 is the only route out there -- there is a price to be paid for those houses at those prices with those views!

Old 10-02-2011, 08:51 AM

1,157 posts, read 2,651,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neddy View Post
It's been in the area for a long time..why buy in the area if something like that is there and not your cup of tea. I know he moved down the street a couple of years ago but in the area (roughly)
Are any of you aware that the Backyard moved? I loved where it was and was excited about buying near it-- not next door to it! There wasn't any talk (at least not public or accessible) that they were going to move at the time. Traffic I can deal it, living in the concert venue is a different story.

Old 10-02-2011, 08:59 AM

2,392 posts, read 9,648,289 times
Yes I know the backyard moved but it is in the same area not like they moved to another part of Austin, still" roughly" in the same area..

Old 10-02-2011, 09:18 AM

313 posts, read 786,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Liberty has many conditions.

One being choice.
Another is tolerance.

You had a choice to exercise your liberty, before you purchased your property.
Now that you are there, you wish to restrict another individual's liberty???
There are plenty of local and statewide restrictions such as water rights, pollution, and -to stay on topic- noise controls where the impacts of your activity on your own property tread on the property rights of others.

Also, the Backyard has reopened a half mile from its original location, its not the established resident in this case. If we're going on the "I was here first" rule, the Backyard has an obligation in its new home to consider the impacts of its own activities on the its new neighborhood.

Old 10-02-2011, 09:22 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,591,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul6835 View Post
There are plenty of local and statewide restrictions such as water rights, pollution, and -to stay on topic- noise controls where the impacts of your activity on your own property tread on the property rights of others.

Also, the Backyard has reopened a half mile from its original location, its not the established resident in this case. If we're going on the "I was here first" rule, the Backyard has an obligation in its new home to consider the impacts of its own activities on the its new neighborhood.

Yes, Liberty has many conditions.
Your liberty and another individual.

Many have been shot for snoring, too.

Old 10-02-2011, 09:39 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,436,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul6835 View Post

If the Backyard moved to another commercially zoned area then what rules are they breaking ? The residents who live near there didn't know they were living next to commercially zoned lots ?

Old 10-02-2011, 10:00 AM

658 posts, read 2,005,875 times
Have any of you seen this on the venue site? There are only 3 events on the calendar for this month. Judging from feedback on their facebook page a Lot of concert goers are upset and not returning.

As part of our GREEN Initiative we encourage our patrons to carpool.
Every car with 4 or more people gets FREE parking.
Because road construction on Highway 71 will affect traffic, early parking will be available at 3pm at the venue.
Additional parking also at the Hill Country Galleria garage C with free shuttle service to the venue.

Be GREEN Save GREEN!!!

Old 10-02-2011, 10:08 AM

20,958 posts, read 45,380,737 times
The Backyard moved, I believe, because of the development near where it had always been pushing it out of its original home. Half a mile is not that far in terms of the noise factor - heck, my across-the-road neighbor's front door is that far from my front door and it's an easy walk. Or, for that matter, in terms of traffic - the traffic was there before it moved, too.

I do think that complaining about 9:00 on a Saturday night about a longstanding venue that's one of the things that makes Austin what it is (and a desirable place to live according to a lot of the people who live here/move here) and that you were excited about moving close to is more than just being a stick-in-the-mud.

Old 10-02-2011, 07:16 PM

646 posts, read 1,156,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tibbar View Post
Judging from feedback on their facebook page a Lot of concert goers are upset and not returning.
I saw it; a handful of people commented on the traffic and the handling of the traffic. I don't know if that's "a lot".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin