Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2011, 05:57 PM

12,059 posts, read 13,888,792 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
Oh, way too many men, Cptnrn. I don't like that.

Thanks for the insult, heetseeker. I've dated very successfully in the past, but it has been hard since my divorce 2 years ago. Still, I haven't gone completely dateless. Again, I just don't like the attitudes in Atlanta. Zero Southern hospitality because nobody is from here. The lack of loyalty to our sports teams tells you how transient it is.

Tennis pro, I agree with you. There are tons of fit women here, they're just mostly stuck up and only care what kind of car you drive or how much money you make. They don't care if you're loyal or treat them well. No, thats not important. Treat them like crap and throw money at them. Thats the only way. I'm very much overgeneralizing, and I know this. But there is a lot of that in this city.
In my experience, the tan and fit women in Atlanta are very plastic, wanting a sugar daddy to take care of them. They are attractive but only because plastic surgery made them that way. A lot of fake b00bs and lipo, tanning salon tans versus tans with tanlines from outdoor activities, lip collagen, etc... Atlanta is very much like Dallas or LA in that regard.

Austin is natural women who eat right, exercise regularly, and take care of themselves. They definitely aren't models in any sense of the word, but they are fun to date, non-judgemental, and in my opinion non-materialistic.

However, the ratio is skewed more towards men than women. The key is to engage in activities where there are many women. Ballroom dancing is one recommendation, church groups is another, political rallies, things like that are great places.

I'm currently in a relationship and I'm satisfied so I have nothing to complain about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2011, 06:04 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,792,126 times
I read that the men way outnumber the women in Austin. This is so disappointing. In Atlanta, the women supposedly outnumber men, but it is hard to date here. At least in Austin, I'll have a better chance of finding someone down to earth who I can maybe build a future with. Wish me luck on the job prospect. No offer yet, but working on it!

Old 04-17-2012, 01:15 PM

4 posts, read 7,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
I read that the men way outnumber the women in Austin. This is so disappointing.
It is disappointing, and it's the same in Dallas where I've been living the last several years. Single men far outnumber single women here and it shows in their attitudes compared to women in other cities I've traveled to/lived before. While generally nice and friendly, Dallas women are also careful to keep men at a certain distance, even if they've known them socially a long time, because they are either already in a relationship (usually the case) or they're just worn out from approached by many men all day long. I haven't found this to be the case in other major cities with a more balanced ratio of men/women. Those seem more willing to open up on a deeper level.

You will also notice this on typical weekends if you hit the club scene. Friends from out of town are usually perplexed as to why most clubs seem to be jam packed with men and much fewer women. On top of that, they also find it strange that most of the women there are actually already in relationships or married, but there "with thier friends to have fun". And what they mean by "fun" is just being the center of attention at whatever club they go to and turning down guys left and right as sport, so they can have fun little stories to tell thier friends next day.

I don't want to generalize too much and there are exceptions, but I have to say most Dallas women are stuck up than most others if they've grown up here in the city. Because most get a big share of attention from males (since there is a surplus of them), they really think highly of themselves (in a negative way). They pretty much know you're "just another guy" and there's another guy right behind you.

Also take note... should you find a girlfriend in Austin, rest assured she will be approached a lot every day (assuming she has to spend time outside of the house) and women in cities like Dallas end up having several close guy friends (since there are more of them to be had) than they would normally in other cities. If that's ok with you, then it's ok but most guys would rather not deal with the possible tension from that situation.

Last edited by vic_0002; 04-17-2012 at 01:23 PM..

Old 04-17-2012, 08:47 PM

314 posts, read 817,293 times
How is the dating scene for women? I'm 24, single and ready to mingle

Old 04-18-2012, 08:58 PM

1,449 posts, read 2,354,155 times
i probably wont be your type atlguy39, but i wish i had met you when i was still in austin. i have moved to tyler late last year for my job.

Old 04-19-2012, 10:58 AM

1,445 posts, read 3,268,154 times
Oh please...sure there are fit women in Austin, but there are also fat ones as well. Tell me people, all of the fat ladies I see walking around in Metro Austin, are they just visiting from Dallas and Atlanta? No one has any plastic surgery in Austin, huh?? OMG.....

EVERY metro area in the country has fit people, and not so fit people. The AUSTIN ARROGANCE strikes again by desperately trying to raise itself to cover up it's massive shortcomings in categories that TRULY matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cBach View Post
In my experience, the tan and fit women in Atlanta are very plastic, wanting a sugar daddy to take care of them. They are attractive but only because plastic surgery made them that way. A lot of fake b00bs and lipo, tanning salon tans versus tans with tanlines from outdoor activities, lip collagen, etc... Atlanta is very much like Dallas or LA in that regard.

Austin is natural women who eat right, exercise regularly, and take care of themselves. They definitely aren't models in any sense of the word, but they are fun to date, non-judgemental, and in my opinion non-materialistic.

However, the ratio is skewed more towards men than women. The key is to engage in activities where there are many women. Ballroom dancing is one recommendation, church groups is another, political rallies, things like that are great places.

I'm currently in a relationship and I'm satisfied so I have nothing to complain about.

Old 04-19-2012, 11:09 AM

1,445 posts, read 3,268,154 times
Really? I guess I feel sorry for the plastic surgeons in the Austin area that obviously have little to no business. Very sad indeed. If there are any plastic surgeons on this board, QUICK... head to Dallas and Atlanta...that is where ALL the action is!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cBach View Post

Old 04-19-2012, 11:57 AM

174 posts, read 311,913 times
I think that moving somewhere purely on the basis of whether or not you're going to meet someone of the opposite sex in an attempt to have "higher chances" due to the population being more skewed one way or another isn't quite the route to go. You should move somewhere that gives you the opportunity to be financially secure, happy with activities that you're interested in, and confident in your lifestyle. Usually someone of the opposite sex will be attracted to that, and the right person will come into your life. I'm a little bothered by all these posts that I see about people wanting to move somewhere because the singles scene is that much better than where they currently live, or that's how they see it... I mean... maybe that means most people want to STAY single, hence the rather large amount of singles. But what do I know, just my $0.02, regardless I hope you find someone that makes you happy.

Old 04-19-2012, 02:22 PM

2,093 posts, read 1,926,060 times
Zero Southern hospitality because nobody is from here.

Be careful.... that's starting to sound a little like Austin depending on where you live. And if you think you are leaving the rat race......

Old 04-19-2012, 04:05 PM

10,130 posts, read 19,879,750 times
Gotta be careful you who date in Austin, you might get burned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of: