Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 06:12 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,789,929 times

Advertisements

I'm a divorced 43 year old male possibly moving to Austin for a new job. I have 3 strong job opportunities, so it seems likely. So I'm doing some research and wondering what the dating scene is like there for a single male looking to settle down. I'd be moving from Atlanta, and can't wait to leave this city for a smaller one like Austin. I'm hoping the women there aren't as shallow and materialistic as they are here. Would love some feedback. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2011, 06:50 PM

12,059 posts, read 13,880,864 times
The women are great here: natural, slender, and tan. They are not as materialistic as other locations.

Good luck and have fun!

Old 10-05-2011, 09:51 AM

7,742 posts, read 15,120,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
I'm a divorced 43 year old male possibly moving to Austin for a new job. I have 3 strong job opportunities, so it seems likely. So I'm doing some research and wondering what the dating scene is like there for a single male looking to settle down. I'd be moving from Atlanta, and can't wait to leave this city for a smaller one like Austin. I'm hoping the women there aren't as shallow and materialistic as they are here. Would love some feedback. Thanks.
You will find all kinds here. We have met 4 women in their early late 20's early 30's who are smoking hot, but all of them divorced their husbands because the husbands didnt make enough money. They are on the hunt for higher earners right now. 2 may have had a legitimate complaint but the other two had husbands in tech that were making >90K.

That being said there is a strong hipster/hippy culture here that supposedly eschews materialism. Im sure there is everything in between, but a lot of it is what kind of circles you end up in. If you are into certain types of sports, outdoors and volunteer activities, I think you will be less likely to find the materialistic ones.

Old 10-05-2011, 10:23 AM

979 posts, read 2,954,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cBach View Post
The women are great here: natural, slender, and tan. They are not as materialistic as other locations.
I'm not sure if your post is meant to be sarcastic because it seems like a pretty broad generalization, but it definitely doesn't seem to apply to the late30s/early40s age group around here.

Old 10-05-2011, 08:26 PM

12,059 posts, read 13,880,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinGuy View Post
I'm not sure if your post is meant to be sarcastic because it seems like a pretty broad generalization, but it definitely doesn't seem to apply to the late30s/early40s age group around here.
I say it does apply to that group. Yes there are exceptions, but I'm comparing to what you may see in Atlanta.

All but one of the women I've dated post divorce regularly exercised, watched what they ate, and generally took good care of their body. Except for one that had a b00b job, they were generally anti-plastic surgery.

If I were in Atlanta I can almost guarantee that the women would not be as healthy or concerned about taking care of themselves.

The only negative that I see is that Austin women are tomboyish in the sense they dress casually and are outdoorsy. Which is good because if they were extremely fashion conscious they probably wouldn't date me, lol

Old 10-07-2011, 08:54 AM

cBach, I like your comments and agree with you about Atlanta. Plus the women here are so materialistic. I just want out. I want to move to Dallas, Austin, Denver, or anywhere else.

Old 10-07-2011, 09:56 AM

8,977 posts, read 17,542,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cBach View Post
I say it does apply to that group. Yes there are exceptions, but I'm comparing to what you may see in Atlanta.

If I were in Atlanta I can almost guarantee that the women would not be as healthy or concerned about taking care of themselves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
cBach, I like your comments and agree with you about Atlanta. Plus the women here are so materialistic. I just want out. I want to move to Dallas, Austin, Denver, or anywhere else.
Wow guys...I was a tennis pro in Atlanta for two decades and met hundreds of fit, attractive, put-together females ranging in age from 20s through 50s(and dated quite a few of them before I met my fit, attractive, non-materialistic DW). I guess you can find all sorts of folks depending on your circumstances.

Old 10-07-2011, 10:15 AM

525 posts, read 899,340 times
Atlanta is full of beautiful women your taste just must be too picky. If you have to ask about dating women in another state I must question you ability to even date successfully. Good luck, you might want to try vegas for their prostitutes, save you some heartache.

Old 10-07-2011, 11:37 AM

16,787 posts, read 49,046,364 times

Old 10-07-2011, 12:16 PM

Oh, way too many men, Cptnrn. I don't like that.

Thanks for the insult, heetseeker. I've dated very successfully in the past, but it has been hard since my divorce 2 years ago. Still, I haven't gone completely dateless. Again, I just don't like the attitudes in Atlanta. Zero Southern hospitality because nobody is from here. The lack of loyalty to our sports teams tells you how transient it is.

Tennis pro, I agree with you. There are tons of fit women here, they're just mostly stuck up and only care what kind of car you drive or how much money you make. They don't care if you're loyal or treat them well. No, thats not important. Treat them like crap and throw money at them. Thats the only way. I'm very much overgeneralizing, and I know this. But there is a lot of that in this city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of: