Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 08:12 AM

34 posts, read 135,166 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone! I am looking for some suggestions for places to find good quality but discounted or outlet priced kitchen and bathroom sink faucets. I'd like to be able to get a nice looking stainless kitchen faucet, and two chrome nice looking(not like cheap apartment looking) faucets for around $150 total for the three. I looked around Home Depot and Lowes but I'm wondering if there is an outlet type place to get good deals on still decent quality faucets. I am willing to drive anywhere in the Austin or Suburban Austin area. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2011, 09:48 AM

8,977 posts, read 17,548,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah12345 View Post
Hi everyone! I am looking for some suggestions for places to find good quality but discounted or outlet priced kitchen and bathroom sink faucets. I'd like to be able to get a nice looking stainless kitchen faucet, and two chrome nice looking(not like cheap apartment looking) faucets for around $150 total for the three. I looked around Home Depot and Lowes but I'm wondering if there is an outlet type place to get good deals on still decent quality faucets. I am willing to drive anywhere in the Austin or Suburban Austin area. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated! Thanks!
That would be a heck of a deal! You might try Habitat ReStore or check the big boxes for clearance(I think Lowe's is a big more aggressive on close-outs). With the way plumbing fixture quality has gone downhill over the last decade or so, I'd be wary of trying to cut the price 'corner' too much. Even our MOEN kitchen faucet had to be replaced after only 5 years and two rebuild efforts. There are 'house' brands that basically look good and function long enough to sell the house or get you through a couple of years; but many can't be repaired easily and are 'throw-away' quality.

If you know of an independent plumber, you could ask that they be on the lookout for any 'new' fixtures that might be swapped out for a different style, etc in a new construction situation...a bit of a reach, but you never know.

Old 11-10-2011, 10:47 AM

156 posts, read 404,277 times
lowes had good clearances.try the one by fiesta supermarket off ih35 south

Old 11-10-2011, 02:16 PM

thank you both I will give your suggestions a try! I thought $150 might be do-able but if the quality is bad then yeah I guess we should spend more. Just not sure how permanent this home is so it's not worth it to us to spend too much

Old 11-10-2011, 02:20 PM

1,007 posts, read 2,459,776 times
I bought high quality, because my time is valuable, and I don't want to be back under the sink replacing a faucet that craps out after a couple of years.

Old 11-10-2011, 04:51 PM

8,977 posts, read 17,548,407 times
Didn't find any clearance deals at Lowe's today; but they have an American Standard model 4" spread bath faucet in satin nickel/steel/something gray for $39(reg $54, IIRC). Not ADA worthy, but looked pretty good. Combine your 10% Lowe's movers' card and Bob's your uncle! I did not spot a similar deal on a kitchen faucet. Especially if you desire a 'pull out' faucet, spending a bit more in the kitchen is likely worth it.

Old 11-11-2011, 03:36 PM

16,787 posts, read 49,058,726 times
The last thing you should try to save money on are cheap bathroom and kitchen faucets. There are a lot of pretty, cheap knock off's available these days. They are often made of cheap pot metal which is subject to extreme corrosion problems with our hard water. Whatever you save on the original faucet cost, you will pay back many times over on maintenance and replacement fees.

Old 11-12-2011, 09:17 PM

4,710 posts, read 7,100,287 times
I agree with CptnRn. We bought a Franke kitchen faucet once, and didn't think we were going cheap, but ended up having to get a new cartridge maybe every 6 months. There was a guarantee, and it was free, but such a hassle. We ended up changing out the faucet maybe 2 years later, and never had the problem again. Check the reviews before you buy.

Old 11-13-2011, 07:58 PM

Thanks everyone for the advice! We don't have a lot of experience with this so I appreciate your help

Old 11-14-2011, 05:56 AM

43 posts, read 84,756 times
you could also try shopping online. I found some good deals on stuff at faucetsdirect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of: