Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 09:42 AM

5 posts, read 33,312 times

Advertisements

I recommend Bauerle Ranch. The floor plans, prices, and community, and green belt are all wonderful. The schools are not bad either. I have one son who has just started elementary school and we know several families in the neighborhood who have children going to elementary, middle, and high school in the area. If you are worried about home prices, I wouldn't. In the year we have lived there, our home has gone up by $60K. The community is really peaceful and there is a really great green belt. My husband and I chose this location because it reminds us of living in a small town, but with the amenities of a large one. This is something you can't get in Circle C or up North. The newer section of Bauerle Ranch is pretty secluded. There is only one way in for traffic due to the bridge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2007, 01:20 PM

44 posts, read 270,618 times
We love living in the new section of Bauerle Ranch. Traffic is minimal due to the one entrance, however exiting out to Slaughter or Manchaca is a huge safety concern. Hopefully in the near future we will see traffic lights going up at Lindshire/Slaughter and Manchaca/Old Manchaca.

Old 09-18-2007, 08:33 AM

112 posts, read 484,952 times
Bauerle Ranch is fine. The greenbelt is very nice, and so are the homeowners. However, Circle C and Meridian have a lot more to offer!! Better homes for not much more (and in some cases even cheaper), better schools, better shopping, better family environment. I do not have kids and will not be, however the "family environment", and the better schools will mean EVERYTHING when I resell. Also, and this was the final thing that made my choice between Bauerle Ranch and Meridian- just driving in to the neighborhood! The get into Bauerle Ranch you get to either drive old, crappy homes. Again, when you move, buyers WILL look at this.

Old 08-26-2008, 06:27 PM

1 posts, read 3,703 times
i have lived in bauerle ranch for 4 years... it is such a great community... my home has gone up $60k in this time... i know alot about all the other communities nearby... and i would choose to live in b ranch over all others!!

Old 08-26-2008, 06:48 PM

7,228 posts, read 16,101,771 times
Just remember schools can change! Good reputations linger (seeming forever, especially if you don't have kids and can just coast by with "what everyone knows.")

But one bad administrator over 3-4 years can really sink a school.

And a whole series of great teachers and great administrators can make tremendous progress and either not have it show up in rankings or get the ranking but still not have the great reputation that "everyone knows."

And kid A can do better in one school than another while kid B could have a completely different experience. "Everyone knows that Westlake is the best high school in the area" yet I have friends that had to pull their kids out to find what worked best for that kid. There are no sure-fire guarantees.

So without kids, as long as you see a price difference (you are paying less to start with) then I think you will be fine.

Old 08-27-2008, 09:37 AM

17 posts, read 92,841 times
I live in Bauerle Ranch and my wife and I love it. We have been there for over a year and we couldn't be more happy. Everyone is always out walking when it gets cooler in the evenings. I see alot of people in the upper 20's-mid 40's. Great Location

T

Old 08-27-2008, 09:43 AM

17 posts, read 92,841 times
I think i read about a new high school for south austin. Prop 3? Here is the link. http://www.impactnews.com/pdfs/swa/SouthwestAustin-2008-05.pdf (broken link)

Old 08-27-2008, 01:27 PM

8,977 posts, read 17,550,348 times
OK, I'll bite...never even heard of Bauerle Ranch during our house hunt(which admittedly went north fairly quickly; but ran across many of the others mentioned in this thread) BUT, the REAL question is: How the heck do you pronounce 'Bauerle' so as NOT to get laughed at? New guy wants to know!

Old 08-27-2008, 02:54 PM

6,333 posts, read 18,055,006 times
Quote:
How the heck do you pronounce 'Bauerle'
I think most people say "Barley Ranch".

Old 09-03-2009, 08:22 PM

10 posts, read 39,805 times
Update -- We moved to Bauerle Ranch in 2007 and love it! It's a beautiful, family-oriented neighborhood. :-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin