Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 05:31 PM

21 posts, read 87,676 times

Advertisements

Would anybody mind sharing links/resources to finding auditions in and around Austin?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2011, 08:58 PM

3,757 posts, read 9,056,803 times
Austin Actors (AustinActors.net) - Supporting Austin Film and Theatre - Cast and Crew Calls, Auditions (will resume posting after the holidays)
Casting/Crew Calls | Short Film Texas (has casting notices for Austin, Dallas, and Houston)
Texas Film Commission, Office of the Governor Rick Perry - Job Hotline Casting Calls (not as good as the others but occasionally has something show up)
austin talent gigs classifieds - craigslist Use caution, as it is craigslist, but sometimes there are legit postings
Yahoo! Groups probably the best of the bunch.

I hope this helps.

Old 12-29-2011, 05:33 PM

21 posts, read 87,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennibc View Post
Austin Actors (AustinActors.net) - Supporting Austin Film and Theatre - Cast and Crew Calls, Auditions (will resume posting after the holidays)
Casting/Crew Calls | Short Film Texas (has casting notices for Austin, Dallas, and Houston)
Texas Film Commission, Office of the Governor Rick Perry - Job Hotline Casting Calls (not as good as the others but occasionally has something show up)
austin talent gigs classifieds - craigslist Use caution, as it is craigslist, but sometimes there are legit postings
Yahoo! Groups probably the best of the bunch.

I hope this helps.
Thank you so much, very helpful!

Old 12-29-2011, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarawayFaraway View Post
Thank you so much, very helpful!
Certainly. Just be aware that because of the holidays, listings will be sparse but once UT goes back into session, you will see regular postings for student films.

Old 12-09-2014, 06:44 AM

2 posts, read 2,985 times
We have just moved here from Los Angeles where my son (15) was beginning to work in acting. He is very interested in performing in film, TV, print or commercials. Three questions: 1. Any recommendations as far as a quality acting school or private coach located here in Austin? 2. Where can I find information about auditions? 3. It's time to update his portfolio. Any recommendations on a photographer for head shots?

Old 12-09-2014, 04:39 PM

See the above links for casting calls, although Austinactors.net is no more. The new link for short films texas is here Austin Archives - Short Film Texas

As far as quality acting coaches, we just don't have what they have in L.A. Get on the Austin Film Casting distribution list https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...lmCasting/info and classes are always being advertised. Marco Perella will work with 15 year olds and he's pretty good.

For headshots, my son has had the best luck with David Heisler Photography David Heisler Photography But I caution you, he's very expensive.

I hope this helps.

Old 12-09-2014, 05:28 PM

2 posts, read 2,985 times
Thank you so much!

Old 12-16-2014, 10:22 PM

412 posts, read 545,368 times
I would say Austin is a good place to act on the side. Maybe to get experience and make a name for yourself. I don't think it'd be the place to go if you want it to be a full on career at the moment.

EDIT: Woah just realized how old this thread was.

Old 12-17-2014, 11:25 AM

10,097 posts, read 10,004,423 times
Don't mean to take over this thread but what about in writing movies? How big is Austin's film scene and how do you break into it?

Old 12-17-2014, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
Don't mean to take over this thread but what about in writing movies? How big is Austin's film scene and how do you break into it?
Writing movies? Well, you can WRITE movies anywhere. As to how you break into it, that's a really difficult question to answer. Are you talking about working on crew? As an actor? As a filmmaker?

You can start reading about it here Slackerwood | Deep in the heart of the Austin film scene.
You can join the Austin Film Society Welcome to the Austin Film Society! - Austin Film Society
You can attend the Austin Film Meet https://www.facebook.com/groups/AustinFilmMeet/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of: