Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2012, 08:52 AM

99 posts, read 207,442 times

Advertisements

I was cleaning off my desk and came across the new property tax value assessed for my house sent out earlier this year. When do these values update in your escrow?

My house went from being horrendously over valued to being just slightly under valued so there's about a 40k drop that should drop my escrow quite a bit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2012, 09:03 AM

13,714 posts, read 31,173,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camelian View Post
I was cleaning off my desk and came across the new property tax value assessed for my house sent out earlier this year. When do these values update in your escrow?

My house went from being horrendously over valued to being just slightly under valued so there's about a 40k drop that should drop my escrow quite a bit.
It has been a long time since I had an escrow, so I don't know for sure how your mortgage company handles changes in property taxes. But I think you should assume they won't do anything at all until they see the tax bill, which should be sent in early December. And I would be surprised if they reduced your escrow amount without you insisting they do so.

Old 07-13-2012, 09:29 AM

7,244 posts, read 21,808,870 times
The tax bill goes out in October. Most lenders pay the bill in November or December. When your lender sees there's too much money in your escrow account, you will receive a refund and they will also let you know the new amount they want to collect from you. So, in essence, you won't know your new amount until probably January.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin