Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 08:37 PM

13 posts, read 40,387 times

Advertisements

Hi, I am relocating from CA to Austin and want to stay in a nice, clean, safe place in the SW area of Austin. I'm looking for a 1 bedroom, allows cats without a pet rent, for around $800 a month. Can anyone recommend some apartment complexes to check out or which ones to stay away from? Right now I'm looking around William Cannon and Mopac... any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2012, 11:39 PM

3 posts, read 4,882 times
I live off William Cannon and I-35. If you drive around William Cannon Dr, you can find a lot of apartment complex there. Right off William Cannon, there is Stassney, you also can find many apartment homes. Some are pretty new but most of them are quite old. There are few really nice ones along Mopac and little down South of I-35 pass William Cannon. Around your price range you can find pretty nice and new ones.
And I don't think there is any apartment complex that doesn't charge pet fee.

Old 01-17-2012, 08:44 PM

100 posts, read 258,348 times
Avoid the huge Stassney complex right off the freeway!!! I lived there for several months and witnessed some ridiculous things over there. Yuck.

Trust me, it's pet friendly and in your price range and doesn't seem so bad from the outside, but I moved from CA to Austin and was not impressed. Couldn't walk anywhere (except deep into the eastside, where there are really only houses), gangbanger types out at night, cops, firetrucks, the whole deal.

Old 01-17-2012, 11:45 PM

3 posts, read 4,882 times
I live right off I-35 on William Cannon. I don't walk around my neighbor at night and I don't think it's good idea in any neighborhood. I've been living here almost year and half now and had no problem so far. I moved down from Seattle area 2010. My friend lives near at Slaughter off I-35(Onion creek) and it's pretty clean and nice there.

Old 01-18-2012, 06:06 AM

170 posts, read 446,471 times
We lived at Highlands Hill Country and liked it a lot. It was several years ago, so things may have changed and I don't have any idea what the rent is currently like. We liked the location and the layout of the apartments and, at that time, had no problems with the management.

Old 01-19-2012, 10:37 PM

73 posts, read 241,839 times
There are three complexes on the Monterey Oaks Blvd: IMT Monterey Ranch, Sedona Springs, and the Park at Monterey Oaks. They are quiet, having easy access to Mopac, US290, and William Cannon, and short driving to HEB/Target/Walmart/Zilker Park/Barton Creek Mall.

Old 01-21-2012, 10:59 PM

13 posts, read 40,387 times
Default Buda

Does anyone here know about Buda? I realize it's about 20 miles from Austin... is it a chill neighborhood?

Old 01-22-2012, 12:47 PM

16,787 posts, read 49,046,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by babysmyles View Post
Does anyone here know about Buda? I realize it's about 20 miles from Austin... is it a chill neighborhood?
It is mostly suburban family oriented. Not saying they can't be chill, but that isn't what usually comes to mind.

Old 01-22-2012, 04:07 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,994,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by babysmyles View Post
Buda is an actual city, not a neighborhood.

There are a couple of complexes off of Southwest Parkway that are nice and pet friendly. Can't tell you about pet rent and it's been a while since I rented there, but it wasn't bad a few years ago.

Also try Mopac and Slaughter. There are newer communities there as well. Down the road, towards Brodie, there are two brand new places.

Tanglewood Apts might be a good bet for you. They are on the older side, but I think the price is reasonable. It can be found on Slaughter Lane (I think it will soon intersect with Westgate Lane).

Old 10-27-2013, 10:43 AM

1 posts, read 1,093 times
I am contemplating relocating to Texas, because I am a banker / lender and I hear the mortgage market is hot in Texas. However, I would like some insite from others on their experiences....where is the best, safest, and most inexpensive place to live in either Fort worth / Dallas area or I am leaning more toward Austin. Austin just seems like it is an expensive place to live. I will be transfering with the Mortgage banker company I work for now and have savings to live on for 6 months, until I can get my connections and referral base established and up and running.....any insite from someone who has lived in these two Texas cities would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!
Kj )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin