U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 06:22 PM

1,938 posts, read 3,793,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm57553 View Post
People usually don't want to move during the school year, so look for more houses to come on the market in the Spring.
December can historically be another good month as people move at semester's end...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2012, 06:48 PM

4,013 posts, read 6,113,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubchub68 View Post
We're looking in the great hills area.
great hills and RRISD is a pretty small intersection. A small portion of raincreek and a bit down yaupon.

What kind of price range, size, rooms, age are you looking for?

There is great hills, dominion at great hills, great hills reserve that feed into canyon vista. Arbor at great hills are right at the border of AISD and RRISD and can apparently choose which one they want to be in. Ive talked to multiple parents who have told me this (but it does seem odd).

There are a few other neighborhoods with older homes as well that arent part of great hills.

If you look at trulia and then search by school district, it makes it much easier to see which houses feed into the district. There maybe houses that meet your criteria that arent in great hills.

Old 01-24-2012, 07:28 PM

100 posts, read 112,020 times
Thanks everyone!

Austin97 - We're looking for 4+ beds, 2400+ sqft and built after 1990. Our budget is 400k and I mentioned great hills since I'm of the impression that only houses in that area feed into Canyon Vista. Our primary requirement is CVMS.

Old 01-25-2012, 04:35 PM

4,013 posts, read 6,113,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubchub68 View Post
Thanks everyone!

Austin97 - We're looking for 4+ beds, 2400+ sqft and built after 1990. Our budget is 400k and I mentioned great hills since I'm of the impression that only houses in that area feed into Canyon Vista. Our primary requirement is CVMS.
Most of great hills does not feed into canyon vista, just a sliver off raincreek and about half of yaupon. Not sure how far down yaupon though. Look at the trulia map and select the option to add more areas, then select school districts. I also usually have google maps open to get a better idea of what the area looks like with street view.

The house on ellaview has been forsale for a long time. At 439K I think it is a pretty good deal. Not sure why it hasnt sold. All the houses in the dominion except that one are around 500K+. It has been forsale for a really long time (over a year?) I bet you could get it for 415-420K

7600 fireoak is 415K for 2900 sq ft, built in 1990. I personally think fireoak is way too busy a street as it is the main rd for many neighborhoods to get to oak knoll and 183.

Houses on the north side of spicewood springs rd are about 150K-200k less than on the south side (for approx the same size etc) they all feed into canyon vista too. Your main feeder rd to 183 will be mcneil which I think is a pain during rush hour, but you would get a 3000 sq ft house feeding into canyon vista for about 320K.

There is a house on sotol cv that was built in 92, is in the arbor at great hills, 2800 sq ft for 400K. (most people dont know part of the arbor at great hills feeds into canyon vista). The arbors does have a rinky dink community pool. From the pictures it looks pretty nice inside for being built in 92. The great thing about this location is that it has easy access to 360, 183 and mopac. Outside of rush hour it is 15 minutes to downtown, about 5 minutes to the arboretum. It is about 100K less than the houses in the dominion because the houses are about 10 years older, plus most people probably dont know a few of the houses feed into RRISD. This is probably the best you will find that matches your criteria.

Old 01-25-2012, 05:31 PM

100 posts, read 112,020 times
Thanks a lot for your input Austin97

We look for houses at the following site and search based on CVMS.
Austin Homes For Sale | Austin Home Search | Austin Real Estate

Ellaview lane - We have not seen the house yet since we are bit a hesitant in buying a house with pool. Not sure how much of maintenance will be needed for the pool

Fireoak - Saw this house and liked it. Just gave some time to think since we were not sure why it was in the market for more than 9 months. Finally, when we decided to buy it, someone else gave an offer and it's sale pending for about 2 weeks now.

Sotol - We didn't like the layout.

Hoping to find something real soon
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin