U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-03-2012, 01:08 PM

886 posts, read 646,801 times
the neighbor saying yazdi would not hesitate to shoot ppl going on his property stands out a bit...

Old 02-03-2012, 01:14 PM

1,448 posts, read 1,692,752 times
I drove by it on my way to work this morning. Didn't know what was going on. Thanks for letting me know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post

Old 02-03-2012, 01:44 PM

8,615 posts, read 17,331,025 times
Quote:
the neighbor saying yazdi would not hesitate to shoot ppl going on his property stands out a bit...
Yes, but the paper is notorious for quoting what is interesting or inflammatory. There could be 100 more quotes that indicated the opposite or a milder version, but they would never get printed.

Old 02-03-2012, 02:08 PM

3,439 posts, read 2,486,717 times
Quote:
That homeowner needs to fry in the electric chair.

Old 02-03-2012, 02:14 PM

4,859 posts, read 3,052,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cBach View Post
That homeowner needs to fry in the electric chair.
Well, if the dead guy had killed some innocent family driving like he apparently was, would you feel he deserved a similar fate?

Personally, I'd like to hear more of the facts before judging if the homeowner was wrong Or broke the law.

Old 02-03-2012, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Well, if the dead guy had killed some innocent family driving like he apparently was, would you feel he deserved a similar fate?

Personally, I'd like to hear more of the facts before judging if the homeowner was wrong Or broke the law.
If you want to discuss a hypothetical situation then post another thread. Let's stick on topic with what we know actually happened. That is a 24 year old after crashing a car was walking along a sidewalk and a homeowner came out and shot him. That is considered murder by all counts. If we can ascertain that he had intent (i.e. that he woke up when he heard the noise and grabbed his gun) then it is 1st degree murder punishable by death. I don't make the laws, that's what it is.

Funny how people that are supposedly pro death penalty suddenly become the opposite when it involves shootings related to gun rights issues. Murder is murder.

Old 02-03-2012, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cBach View Post
If you want to discuss a hypothetical situation then post another thread. Let's stick on topic with what we know actually happened. That is a 24 year old after crashing a car was walking along a sidewalk and a homeowner came out and shot him. That is considered murder by all counts. If we can ascertain that he had intent (i.e. that he woke up when he heard the noise and grabbed his gun) then it is 1st degree murder punishable by death. I don't make the laws, that's what it is.

Funny how people that are supposedly pro death penalty suddenly become the opposite when it involves shootings related to gun rights issues. Murder is murder.
Is your account the correct version of what happened? Were you an eyewitness?
We don't know if the young man was just "walking around on the sidewalk"

I read that he was found dead on said sidewalk.

Gunshot victims have frequently been known to run off (including climbing over fences) after receiving multiple fatal wounds.

If indeed the guy was "just walking along the sidewalk" minding his own business and the homeowner ran out and shot him for no apparent reason, then I would tend to agree with you.

Old 02-03-2012, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Is your account the correct version of what happened? Were you an eyewitness?
We don't know if the young man was just "walking around on the sidewalk"

I read that he was found dead on said sidewalk.

Gunshot victims have frequently been known to run off (including climbing over fences) after receiving multiple fatal wounds.

If indeed the guy was "just walking along the sidewalk" minding his own business and the homeowner ran out and shot him for no apparent reason, then I would tend to agree with you.
According to the account so far, this is what it seems like happened. But you're right they need to investigate.

Old 02-03-2012, 03:07 PM

6,811 posts, read 10,323,759 times
Is it just me, or is it weird how all the stories say "hispanic male" referring to the guy in the car... I mean, what is the purpose of that? He's not on the run and they don't sound like they are trying to identify him -- so what's the deal with mentioning the race of the deceased driver over and over again? They don't mention the race of the homeowner.

I don't know if all the news stories are doing this, but most of the ones I am seeing/hearing are.

Old 02-03-2012, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcio View Post
Is it just me, or is it weird how all the stories say "hispanic male" referring to the guy in the car... I mean, what is the purpose of that? He's not on the run and they don't sound like they are trying to identify him -- so what's the deal with mentioning the race of the deceased driver over and over again? They don't mention the race of the homeowner.

I don't know if all the news stories are doing this, but most of the ones I am seeing/hearing are.
Dunno why that would have any bearing.

Racist media?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin