U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2012, 06:55 AM

2,213 posts, read 2,565,215 times
Well, we got about 2.5 inches over the past 24 hours! I didn't notice hail, but could have slept through it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2012, 07:10 AM

5,203 posts, read 6,042,642 times
Didn't get a chance to drop a little food coloring in the rain gauge yesterday. Can't quite read it through the damp windows. I'm guessing 2+ inches. Funny, at one o'clock in the AM, it looked like Houston was getting a break...not so in the past few hours. It must be REALLY wet down there!

Looks like a pretty good dousing 'upstream' from the lakes. Might not do much, but it's better than a poke in the eye!

Old 02-18-2012, 07:11 AM

3,981 posts, read 5,953,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cBach View Post
Wow, isn't this rain great? I heard pounding rain and some hail last night as well. I hope this starts filling up the lakes.
travis is up about 6 inches. hydromet shows that the rain hit squarely over the entire basin. I would think the ground is already saturated so we should get most of it as runoff. The river report is saying stream flow isnt up much though.

Something I read said we would need 15 inches to get up to normal levels (about 40 feet). So based on that I would think the 2 inches we got should get us about 5-6 feet.

Old 02-18-2012, 07:16 AM

1,231 posts, read 2,148,688 times
Got 1.5" last night in E Round Rock.

Old 02-18-2012, 07:37 AM

5,203 posts, read 6,042,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin97 View Post
travis is up about 6 inches. hydromet shows that the rain hit squarely over the entire basin. I would think the ground is already saturated so we should get most of it as runoff. The river report is saying stream flow isnt up much though.

Something I read said we would need 15 inches to get up to normal levels (about 40 feet). So based on that I would think the 2 inches we got should get us about 5-6 feet.
Good news. Looks like the basin isn't through yet! A few nasty cells still this morning up San Saba way. Austin might even get nicked for the next hour or so. My pup is waiting 'patiently' to go outside

Old 02-18-2012, 08:04 AM

2,213 posts, read 2,565,215 times
We just had a thunderstorm, ending a few minutes ago, and my gauge is almost up to 3 inches. I'm going to the Nature Center to volunteer this morning, but I have to say, I'd rather stay in. The Weather Channel is showing on and off showers all day, so we'll see how much that amounts to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin