U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 10:55 AM

3,788 posts, read 6,136,749 times

Advertisements

There are so many variables to consider when making a move that it becomes difficult to ask that question on this board. Many people hate rural and say so. Many people hate city and say so. Take it all with a grain of salt. I remember asking similar questions when we had to find a place here. It got to the point where I realized people have their own opinions that may or may not coincide with reality. Good luck OP on your search. I don't know much about Leander, sorry. Just don't let people scare you with comments about meth labs...the drug problem isn't isolated to Leander by any stretch of the imagination.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2012, 06:55 PM

6 posts, read 6,993 times
After doing a LOT of research over the course of about 14 months, my wife and I settled on Leander for our family's move from Ohio to Texas. We have been here for a year now, and we LOVE the school system, the neighborhood that we live in, and the small town atmosphere of Leander. The people are friendly and the cost of living is pretty reasonable. I have a home office, so commuting to Austin is not a consideration for us, but it is only about 20 miles to downtown Austin, which 20 miles in Texas is about like going across the street anywhere else. Business is going REALLY well here in Texas, because the economy is doing pretty well, especially compared to the Midwest. We have already made weekend daytrips to San Antonio, Houston, Corpus Christi, and Dallas, because with Austin's location being so central to many parts of Texas it is easy to make a weekend trip to a LOT of Texas.

Old 04-05-2012, 08:33 PM

2,393 posts, read 8,920,029 times
Not trying to color up life here at all, just explaining what it is like. We find plenty of interesting stuff to do around here. I do agree with finding where the job is located and living on that side of the river at least. Otherwise traffic could be a bear depending on where you are coming from.

Old 04-05-2012, 09:10 PM

6 posts, read 6,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phone man View Post
Leander also has another side that you can check out if you take a drive down Nameless Rd and head back off Round Mountain all the way back to the Burnet Co line. Lots of self employed self taught chemists and cooks back there.

I think that you can certainly find that type of activity in almost every city in America, if that is what you are looking for...
As for us, "off Round Mountain, all the way back to the Burnet Co line" is pretty far from most of Leander, so it doesn't have an effect on my family at all. Leander, as of right now, is a pretty good place to raise a family, and in 6 more years, when the last of our kids will be off to college, Leander might just be too big for our liking, and if so, we'll move on to another beautiful part of Texas. That's the beauty of a state that is so big and has so much to offer just about everyone...we'll find somewhere to like, somewhere in the GREAT State of Texas!!!

Old 04-06-2012, 12:51 AM

1,938 posts, read 6,017,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinGuy View Post
Yes, Circle C is very "suburbs of Dallas/Houston" also. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
IMO Circle C is more like north Dallas than like say, Plano. Circle C still has an Austin address and is only 12 miles from the heart of downtown Austin. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin