Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2007, 12:55 PM

1 posts, read 3,341 times

Advertisements

New member looking for information – and this forum looks like the right place to be!
I have lived in and around Athens GA for all of my 36 years and am now faced with a great opportunity to relocate to the Austin area. The past few years have given me enough experience in Austin to put it on the top of my list of favorite Southern cities (along side Asheville, NC) but I don’t know where to turn for data specific to moving my elementary teacher wife and 9 yr old son that far from “home.” Athens has always benefited from preserving its traditional southern charm while embracing the energy of the thousands of university students. Austin seems to also balance that well. Any suggestions as to what communities we should consider in our relocation hunt? We’re not looking for country club living but would rather be closer to the cultural centers (schools, arts, music). The office is close to the Arboretum. Homes below 300k?

Last edited by dirkreno; 09-10-2007 at 01:17 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2007, 03:53 PM

10 posts, read 33,853 times
Hey dirkreno- I actually went to undergrad at UGA (graduated in 05), so it's great to hear that you're looking at Austin! I'm a recent transfer (moved from Philly), so I'm not too much help with relocation information but I can get you in touch with the GA Alumni Assn here and will try to answer any comparison questions you have!

Best of luck in your search.

Old 09-10-2007, 04:02 PM

42 posts, read 157,910 times
Hi Dirkreno - I sent you a PM but wanted to be sure that you know that there plenty of areas that will meet your criteria. If you provide a few more details about what you are looking for, it would be easier to help narrow it down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of: