Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2012, 02:48 PM

12,950 posts, read 13,342,606 times

Advertisements

A friend of mine who works in the 911 call center posted this on another message board a little while ago:

Quote:
The City of Weird falls silent on this Good Friday to honor Officer Jaime "Hero" Padron. I worked closely with Hero when I was doing my Dispatch training on the overnight shift in Adam sector. Hero got his nickname for his uncanny ability to show up onscene just in time to rescue someone in need. The other Adam sector officers ribbed him good naturedly saying that he hid around the corner and waited for stuff to happen so he could run out and be the hero. Of course, this was a joke, but the nickname "Hero" stuck, and was very fitting for someone that rescued a child from a burning car not once, but TWICE, among his many other life saving deeds. Hero was responding to a 911 call from a WalMart in North Austin when the subject inside pulled a gun and shot him point blank range. He lived long enough to radio his dispatcher and her her know that he had been shot and needed help.

I'm devastated.

R.I.P. Hero.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2012, 03:05 PM

12,969 posts, read 28,439,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
A friend of mine who works in the 911 call center posted this on another message board a little while ago:
Thanks for posting that. It's good to be reminded that tragedies like this are not just faceless statistics, they are completely personal events for all those involved and all those affected.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin