U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-25-2012, 01:21 PM

4 posts, read 2,599 times
Default Kiker Inlcusion Pre-Kinder

I tried to post this earlier, but I don't see it on the Forum. Is there anyone out there that knows about the CDC/Kiker Inclusion Pre-K program?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2012, 01:28 PM

11,592 posts, read 9,268,297 times
Yes, it's there, about 7 lines below this one.

Old 04-25-2012, 01:28 PM

195 posts, read 217,433 times
What kind of information are you looking for? My son attends CDC preschool (not the inclusion program), but we have friends whose kids have done the inclusion program and have been very happy with it.

Old 04-25-2012, 01:32 PM

195 posts, read 217,433 times
I just saw your other thread. I believe it is too late to apply for the inclusion program for next year, but I could be wrong. It is very popular and usually has a wait list.

Old 04-25-2012, 02:49 PM

Thanks for your reply! We actually just got accepted to the program. We haven't had a chance to visit and I just wanted to know about others' experience with the program: the teachers, other parents, how well the teachers do with helping both the kids with special needs and those who are "typically developing."

Old 04-25-2012, 03:06 PM

303 posts, read 372,624 times
My daughter is a pre-Comet (what they call the Kiker Inclusion kids). She's actually one of the younger ones (they allow 3 year olds to join, if there are kids with special needs at that age). She's enjoyed it thoroughly. She thinks she's a big kid now, because she goes to big kid school!

The amount of growth she's shown is fairly remarkable. The teachers are great, they truly do care. The fact that she's attending school gives a bit more structure and depth to what she would otherwise have experienced at daycare.

I'd give it a big thumbs up.

Having said that, as a previous poster commented, it is very hard to get a spot. Unless, of course, you are asking because you applied to CDC for your kids and they said they had no space (as usual) and then said they did have an opening at the Inclusion program. In which case, I would definitely say go for it. You get two teachers (well educated) in each room. Your child gets exposed to things he/she otherwise might not, which is good for them, imo. And in the end, if you don't like it, it is my understanding that you can always take your child out of the program and send them to a regular daycare.

The only thing to keep in mind is that during Summer you'll need to make arrangement for daycare for your child, as the inclusion program is only during the school year. And CDC won't guarantee a spot at the actual CDC. They'll just wait list you. Of course, if your kid is going into Kinder the following year, I think you can just enroll in Camp Kaleidoscope (CDC Summer Camp).

Oh, and welcome to Circle C! I'm sure you'll like living here. Great place to raise your kids.

Old 04-25-2012, 03:30 PM

Thanks for the information. I'm glad to hear from someone who is actually in the program. I've heard wonderful things about CDC, so I'm sure the program is great.

We just got accepted into the inclusion program, so I'd love to connect if our kids will be in the same class!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin