Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 10:54 AM

21 posts, read 44,510 times

Advertisements

hello,
i am looking for a good cat/kitten vet recommendation in the William Concannon/Mopac area - within a 3-5 mile radius of there.

does anyone have one to recommend?
thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2012, 11:58 AM

16,787 posts, read 49,068,148 times
Our vet, Leanne Jakubowsky, All Creatures Mobile Clinic, 288-2809 has a clinic SW of Oak Hill just off Circle Drive. She specializes in small animals and provides a mobile service for routine visits, she comes to your house, for anything more serious she performs it at her surgery. She helped us keep our cat healthy for 23 years, it passed away last year. She also attends to your two parrots, trimming claws, beaks and feathers when needed.

She is a real nice lady and has almost become a member of our family when our cat was older and sick more often.

Old 05-04-2012, 01:34 PM

4,710 posts, read 7,102,284 times
We have taken our cat to Circle C Animal Hospital, which is sort of at Slaughter and Escarpment. They were very nice and we think they were competent. We have only been here a short while, however, and don't have years of experience as CaptnRn has. Also, our cat is healthy, so we have not had to go through any illnesses with them.

Old 05-04-2012, 08:42 PM

9 posts, read 17,686 times
I love the idea of a mobile vet, but if for some reason that doesn't work out, I recommend Oliver Animal Hospital on William Cannon and Escarpment.

Old 05-08-2012, 09:25 AM

65 posts, read 135,009 times
Brodie Animal Hospital, 3421 W William Cannon Dr # 110 Austin, TX 78745
(512) 892-3486 has great vets.

I've been to Oliver Animal Hospital. It was clean. The vet was good. Although, the only thing I had done was annual vaccinations.

I've also been to Circle C. I don't recommend them. Read the Google Reviews. They do tend to be alarmists, Dr. Rafferty doesn't oversee his newer less experienced vets,
and I believe they misdiagnose and suggests tests that aren't needed.

Old 05-08-2012, 09:55 AM

1,825 posts, read 2,828,191 times
Is the mobile vet more expensive than a, er, traditional vet? Sounds great having one come to your house but I wonder how much of a premium that brings.

Old 05-08-2012, 10:55 AM

390 posts, read 671,277 times
I have to say that I do not recommend Circle C Vet Clinic either. We went there for a couple of months and would definitely agree that they are alarmist, and expensive alarmist at that! I was very unhappy with them. I really felt like they were not looking out for the best interests of my pets, but rather how much money they could make off of us. Additionally, the front desk staff were the least pleasant people I think I've encountered in Austin (granted this was close to two years ago and things may have changed).

At the recommendation of one of my husband's co-workers, we are going to a vet out in Dripping Springs. It is a bit of a drive (15 minutes from my house in Circle C), but definitely worth it for us! I've been to a lot of different vets over the years, but Sunset Canyon Vet Clinic is the best! They are incredibly nice and very reasonably priced (important when you have multiple geriatric pets). I trust them very much.

I also love that they have one of their vets on call after hours. We had an after hours emergency late on a Saturday afternoon. One of the vets met us at the clinic. I think it was an extra $35 for an after hours visit. It probably would have been $500 if I had taken our dog to the emergency clinic on South Lamar.

Sunset Canyon might be farther than you want to drive, but I think they are worth it. More importantly though, I would definitely avoid Circle C Vet!

Old 05-08-2012, 10:27 PM
cm4

94 posts, read 256,203 times
Dr. John Samon, Star of Texas Veterinary Hospital

Website is Home

over on Brodie in Shady Hollow.

Old 05-13-2012, 08:34 PM

9 posts, read 17,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DittoDitto View Post

I've also been to Circle C. I don't recommend them. Read the Google Reviews. They do tend to be alarmists, Dr. Rafferty doesn't oversee his newer less experienced vets,
and I believe they misdiagnose and suggests tests that aren't needed.
I am glad you mentioned this, because I live in Circle C and have the same complaints about the practice. They misdiagnosed my dog and caused all kinds of unneeded stress, so I moved all my animals over to Oliver and have been happy. In the meantime, two other friends have mentioned bad experiences (most involving $$$) with Circle C.

Old 06-08-2012, 09:14 AM

21 posts, read 44,510 times
Thank you everyone for all the suggestions! We ended up at Oliver Animal Hospital and so far have had a wonderful experience. I was driving in the area, slightly distraught after dropping my kitten off for corrective neutering surgery at the original surgery location (don't ask), looking for a permanent vet and just happened to drive right by Oliver. I walked in, stressed, and explained our situation and they were SO HELPFUL, informative, caring and accommodating. We were all back 2 days later for an appointment and had a second awesome experience. I have had cats and hamsters for 20 years and have never, ever been to a clinic where they treated my pets so lovingly. It was a very high priority to them that your pets have a positive, gentle, non-stressful experience while being examined and vaccinated. So far, I would highly recommend Oliver Animal Hospital to anyone looking for a vet in SW Austin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin