U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-15-2012, 11:25 AM

13 posts, read 17,222 times
Default Places for rent in Vandegrift HS district

Help,
I'm looking for a place to rent for my family of four within the boundaries of Vandegrift HS. It looks like a great school. I need to establish our residence before school begins in August. We plan to buy later. Any good realtors in the area?

Also my family needs to find a church home as we want to get involved into our new community. We go to Compass Bible Church in Aliso Viejo, CA. My kids are both going into ninth grade and I thought maybe they could make some new friends from church who also go to Vandegrift.

Any help would be appreciated...

PJ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2012, 12:43 PM

11,900 posts, read 11,386,196 times
I am not a realtor. But I would start with the map below and search online for rentals in the Vandegrift attendance zone. Primary areas include Steiner Ranch and River Place. Both are upscale communities. I do not know if many homes are available for rent or not. These homes sell for $300K and up.

http://www.leanderisd.org/users/0001...AZones1112.pdf

Old 05-15-2012, 01:34 PM

13 posts, read 17,222 times
Could not find a Vandegrift boundary map or a real estate site that seaches for homes by school districts...
Thanks hoffdano!

Old 05-15-2012, 01:37 PM

1,565 posts, read 2,842,095 times
Grandview Hills is part of it as well! I'll PM you the info for a friend of mine in the business that is an ex Trojan.

Old 05-15-2012, 05:05 PM

2,235 posts, read 2,820,417 times
Part of Canyon Creek feeds into it as well. If you are not ready or able to rent a house right now, there are a bunch of apartment complexes on Ranch Road 620 that feed into it and some right next to the high school itself. There is also a large complex in Steiner Ranch that has 3 and 4 bedroom units.

As far as churches go, I am assuming you are looking for a non-denominational church. Our neighbors go to Austin Christian Fellowship in River Place and are happy there. There are also a lot of people who attend Hill Country Bible Church.

Old 05-15-2012, 07:37 PM

2,339 posts, read 5,809,341 times
Austin Home Search will search by school districts but not a certain area in that district but you can go by zip codes also...good luck

Old 05-15-2012, 09:30 PM

3,902 posts, read 5,706,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urnotfromaroundhereru View Post
Could not find a Vandegrift boundary map or a real estate site that seaches for homes by school districts...
Thanks hoffdano!
trulia lets you search by school districts

here is the boundary map

http://www.leanderisd.org/users/0001...AZones1112.pdf

here is a listing by street
http://www.leanderisd.org/docs/1-AZStreetList.pdf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin