Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 10:38 PM

5,184 posts, read 7,274,900 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevoLJ View Post
I don't believe you for one second to suggest Seton is now or has ever lost money. Those nuns are experts and getting every last dime they can, and spending next to nothing .
Moderator cut: personal attack The leadership of Seton, at the executive level, is 100% lay people. Out of almost fifty people in the entire Seton team, there is ONE nun in a lower level leadership role, at a single campus. 2%, by my lit major math. Second, your assumptions about what drives the current Seton system profitability couldn't be further off the mark. So, if you think that gravy train will deliver a cost free med school to you in perpetuity, well, I refer you back to the opening sentence.

Last edited by Debsi; 08-07-2012 at 07:28 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2012, 02:43 AM

709 posts, read 1,400,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scm53 View Post
Moderator cut: personal attack The leadership of Seton, at the executive level, is 100% lay people. Out of almost fifty people in the entire Seton team, there is ONE nun in a lower level leadership role, at a single campus. 2%, by my lit major math. Second, your assumptions about what drives the current Seton system profitability couldn't be further off the mark. So, if you think that gravy train will deliver a cost free med school to you in perpetuity, well, I refer you back to the opening sentence.
I thought it was pretty obvious that was a joke, but guess not.

I have never said it would be cost free. I have never once implied anything close to that. You said it will cost tax payers $4.1 Billion. Me saying that is not true is not saying it is free. lol. I said that was not true, Seton already said they would pay $1.9 Billion of that plus $250 Million for building the hospital. That is not me saying Seton is paying $4.1 Billion. Me saying Seton will pay $1.9 B of the $4.1 B is me saying Seton will pay $1.9 B of the $4.1 B. I don't know why me saying that is so upsetting or gets you angry. I don't mean to. I also don't know how I can be clearer in what I am trying to say in how much Seton said they will pay. Since we obviously aren't going to be able to agree on what $1.9 Billion is, lets move on...

How exactly is this going to cost the tax payers $4.1 Billion? Since that is the title of the thread, it is probably the best starting point to figure out. Can you elaborate on the math behind how we as the tax payers are on the hook for $4.1 Billion? Because to me that statement just looks like typical Fox News style reporting and typical conservative spin math. Take the biggest number you can find from any story and throw it out into the world screaming that the tax payers are going to have to pay it in an attempt to scare the living crap out of them. The truth and reality of what that number is be damned. Unimportant, just so long as you can successfully scare the crap out of a few people with the typical conservative lies.

Last edited by Debsi; 08-07-2012 at 07:29 AM..

Old 08-07-2012, 08:48 AM

12,946 posts, read 13,325,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scm53 View Post
Correct about the Seton leadership.

My brother was the "Co" CEO of Seton in the late '70s, the other "Co" CEO was a nun. They were officially associate CEOs.

He was in charge of building the present facility on 38th Street and moving all the hospital operations from the old location in West Campus. In other words, he actually ran Seton's day to day business, she gave final approval as the representative of her order of nuns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin