U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-14-2012, 06:58 PM

9 posts, read 4,476 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know about these apartments ? Are they decent? I can't find any photos of what the interior of an actual unit looks like and I can't find any other pieces of information about the place other than the website for them and they only show you a photo of the rental office then the floor plans.

Unfortunately my husband and I will not be able to make a trip down to check out possible places to rent for the next year before we have to move, which is October 1st. So we basically need to see if we can find a place online and sign papers once we get there. Which really stinks because I can't see a unit ahead of time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2012, 01:59 AM

Someone was kind enough to send me a comment asking a few questions. How do I respond to it? It shows up when I view my user profile but I don't know how to reply to it. I think its the reputation thing. Can I respond to the comment?

Old 08-16-2012, 07:51 AM

12,591 posts, read 10,509,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MydnyteSyn View Post
I can't find any photos of what the interior of an actual unit looks like and I can't find any other pieces of information about the place other than the website for them and they only show you a photo of the rental office then the floor plans.
Check the website again. There actually are some photos which include a few inside apartments. Not great photos, but something.

Quote:
Unfortunately my husband and I will not be able to make a trip down to check out possible places to rent for the next year before we have to move, which is October 1st. So we basically need to see if we can find a place online and sign papers once we get there. Which really stinks because I can't see a unit ahead of time.
I can't tell you enough how bad an idea I think that is. Renting a place sight unseen is fraught with dangers. If I understand you correctly, you have 14 months in which to plan for one of you, at least, to come to Austin for a few days to check things out, and to look at several different properties, check out the neighborhoods, etc. before you decide on a place you want to live. Nobody else can know but you what constitutes a deal-breaker. Don't shortchange yourself by trying to shortcut the process, or you could wind up very sorry.

Quote:
Someone was kind enough to send me a comment asking a few questions. How do I respond to it? It shows up when I view my user profile but I don't know how to reply to it. I think its the reputation thing. Can I respond to the comment?
If it is a comment in a reputation point, no you cannot respond to it. If it is a Direct Message (see the link to click on in the upper right corner of the screen) you may not have full access yet. As an anti-spam measure, new users are limited in several ways until they have been registered a certain number of days and posted a certain number of posts. See the Administration Zone (at the bottom of the forum index) for more details.

Old 08-17-2012, 12:48 PM

I have less than 7 weeks, OpenD, not 14 months. We're pressed for time and this came up rather unexpectedly Thanks for the assistance! My husband and I will most likely spend a day or two in a motel down there so we can visit all of the places we've found that we could afford. Oh, I found the other photos, thanks!

Old 08-17-2012, 04:42 PM

12,591 posts, read 10,509,266 times
Quote:
Unfortunately my husband and I will not be able to make a trip down to check out possible places to rent for the next year before we have to move...
Quote:
I have less than 7 weeks, OpenD, not 14 months. We're pressed for time and this came up rather unexpectedly.
Gotcha. The way you worded that was a bit confusing. In any case, yes, stay in a motel, take some time to look around. In fact, a number of places have "extended stay" rates when you pay weekly, which can take the time pressure off a bit while you get settled. Check around, but you should be able to find a room with a kitchenette for around $200/wk or so.

Now, here's something that raised a caution flag for me about Spring Valley Apartments... a yellow flag, not a red one... Their web site says they have 14+ apartments available for immediate move-in. That seems quite high, considering that the vacancy rate is very low in Austin already, plus this is the month that university students rent for the coming year, so that many vacancies seems odd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin