Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 07:08 PM

970 posts, read 1,873,153 times

Advertisements

What is it exactly? An "enhancement?" Yes, a competitive edge........but, from what I've heard........"everybody" does it. I would say that Lance was "flamboyant" about it. So, here's his comeuppance.

At some point........as is usual..........he will be regaled again.........just like Pete Rose.....urrrrr.....

Old 10-17-2012, 10:47 PM

4,710 posts, read 7,102,284 times
Is it a weakness that we as a society have a short memory when it comes to the foibles of our national celebrities? Maybe. But maybe not. Maybe we are a country of second and third chances. I think that none of us knows what goes on in their personal lives, in their hearts, their thoughts. How do we know what they have paid for their mistakes? Great people often have great failures as well as great accomplishments. It seems to be part of living large, public lives. Yes, I have been irritated at times at the speed with which people can repair their reputations and just go on. But more than that, I don't think it is good for us as individuals to bear grudges, to walk around angry at the perceived unfairness of celebrities receiving forgiveness. There are so many other examples of unfairness that much more deserve out consideration (poverty, hunger, discrimination, etc.) Lets let the past be the past, and concentrate on the good that many of these folks are doing now.

Old 10-18-2012, 07:51 AM

3,787 posts, read 7,000,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Grasshopper View Post
Is it a weakness that we as a society have a short memory when it comes to the foibles of our national celebrities? Maybe. But maybe not. Maybe we are a country of second and third chances. I think that none of us knows what goes on in their personal lives, in their hearts, their thoughts. How do we know what they have paid for their mistakes? Great people often have great failures as well as great accomplishments. It seems to be part of living large, public lives. Yes, I have been irritated at times at the speed with which people can repair their reputations and just go on. But more than that, I don't think it is good for us as individuals to bear grudges, to walk around angry at the perceived unfairness of celebrities receiving forgiveness. There are so many other examples of unfairness that much more deserve out consideration (poverty, hunger, discrimination, etc.) Lets let the past be the past, and concentrate on the good that many of these folks are doing now.

Guess that is why you're the "Grasshopper". Loved your words. Can't help it...I think of the "other" Grasshopper as well. lol

Kung Fu - grasshopper dialog - YouTube

Old 10-18-2012, 02:19 PM

5,479 posts, read 12,264,657 times
Master, is it better to compete and be above average or to compete and cheat to become the greatest champion? Grasshopper, when you can snatch these pebbles from my hand, you will know the answer.

Old 10-19-2012, 11:46 AM

6,333 posts, read 18,056,449 times
Just got this email from 24hour fitness, where I work out.

Quote:
24 Hour Fitness remains committed to helping our members improve their lives through fitness and does not condone the use of performance-enhancing drugs or procedures.

Given the evidence surrounding Lance Armstrong's alleged actions, we have determined that our business relationship with Armstrong no longer aligns with our company's mission and values. Over the coming weeks, we plan to remove the Lance Armstrong brand from your club and further improve the facility to enable and inspire you to achieve your fitness goals.

Your club remains open and our team is here to help you!

If you have any questions, please contact your club manager or our Member Services team at 800-432-6348, Monday-Friday 8am-5pm PST.

Together in Fitness,
Your 24 Hour Fitness Team

Old 10-19-2012, 01:35 PM

3,787 posts, read 7,000,519 times
"kick em when they're up
kick em when they're down..."

Don Henley - Dirty Laundry (Studio Version) - YouTube

Old 10-19-2012, 02:34 PM

238 posts, read 365,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austin-steve View Post
Just got this email from 24hour fitness, where I work out.
I used to go to 24hr and was wondering about that yesterday. Thanks for posting.

Old 10-19-2012, 03:23 PM

1,063 posts, read 1,777,355 times
Lol lance....maybe things would have turned out better for him if he wouldn't have been such a douche...

Old 10-19-2012, 05:10 PM

1,317 posts, read 4,057,863 times
I wonder what the public's reaction would be if he just broke down and admitted to it, and apologized?

Or maybe doesn't have the guts to do so? (I would have said that another way, but didn't want to be effed up about it)

Old 10-19-2012, 07:52 PM

658 posts, read 2,006,793 times
I don't think admitting to something after years of denying would go over very well. It will be interesting to see what life has in store for Mr. Armstrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of: