Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 12:49 PM

844 posts, read 2,019,477 times

Advertisements

Why is he Austin's fault?

Old 01-14-2013, 03:38 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,383,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcio View Post
No, Piers is fully in the entertainment biz right now. Look whose show he replaced. And we can't blame him, can we? Talking head pays MUCH more than "reporter" or "journalist".

Anyway, the CNN interview was masterful TV. They are both quite proud of it, I'm sure. Alex Jones got his name out there more than ever could via his shows, and Piers got the extra exposure plus the opportunity to look like he's the rational one. Alex Jones had nothing to lose by looking like a loony on TV -- it's the same exact stuff he does on the radio. He had no danger of losing any listeners or ratings on his radio shows, they've heard it all before.

BTW, before anyone gets the wrong idea -- "Masterful TV" does not mean good, intelligent, or informative necessarily. More often than not, it means trainwreck. Anything that produces ratings and mentions for the show.

As for Alex Jones and what he says on his various programs... how is listening/watching fake conspiracy theory talk any different or worse than watching shows about fake real estate purchases? Or fake gold digging expeditions? It's all entertainment IMO. Basing your political ideology on Alex is about as dumb as getting into house flipping or gold digging because of what you see in the HGTV/AE type shows.

Regarding the fact that Alex is based out of Austin, I don't really think it means anything. Michael Savage was based out of San Francisco, and I don't think anyone ever confused what he said with the thinking of a typical San Franciscan. Maybe these are just places which are perhaps more "nurturing" to those on the fringes, whatever fringes those might be...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
Since he's a "truther", I don't think some of his views are a majority anywhere except the State Hospital for that matter.

As far as 2nd Amendment rights he espoused on that show, I think he's spot on and Morgan is not.

Takes all sorts to make Austin weird, not just the Leslies.
Both of these right here.

Austin is, after all, the place where the rednecks and the hippies got together way back when in complete harmony. That's part of what made it such a great place to be - the boxes weren't taken so seriously as most places.

Old 04-24-2013, 11:23 AM

3,981 posts, read 6,733,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FueledByBlueBell View Post
Yeah, it certainly is weird that he lives here. Maybe in Williamson, but even then it is a stretch? You never hear about him here so square peg in a round hole. I feel pretty confident that his views don't represent the majority in Austin.
Let's hope so. Having said that he may be the only, albeit minor, connection between Austin and the Boston Bombings. Apparently Tamerlan Tsarnaev was a big fan of Mr. Jones and his show:

Tamerlan Tsarnaev was an Alex Jones fan - Salon.com

Old 04-24-2013, 12:43 PM

198 posts, read 397,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by verybadgnome View Post
Let's hope so. Having said that he may be the only, albeit minor, connection between Austin and the Boston Bombings. Apparently Tamerlan Tsarnaev was a big fan of Mr. Jones and his show:

Tamerlan Tsarnaev was an Alex Jones fan - Salon.com
What does that mean or prove? The bombing suspects were probably "fans" of all types of media shows and conspiracy platforms.

Old 04-24-2013, 12:47 PM

1,985 posts, read 3,317,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheaday View Post
What does that mean or prove? The bombing suspects were probably "fans" of all types of media shows and conspiracy platforms.
The point is that Alex Jones spews dangerous and radical ideas. While most dismiss him as idiotic or crazy, someone is listening.

Old 04-24-2013, 12:51 PM

198 posts, read 397,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austinite101 View Post
The point is that Alex Jones spews dangerous and radical ideas. While most dismiss him as idiotic or crazy, someone is listening.
I listen, does that make me crazy or dangerous? I dont believe half the stuff he says but I like to hear both sides of every arguement. Just as I listen to CNN and discard half of what they say as well.

Old 04-24-2013, 02:04 PM

3,981 posts, read 6,733,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheaday View Post
No, that show was the only one mentioned in reference to the older brother.

As far as listening to the show the nearest analogy I have are to those who watch professional wrestling acknowledging it is a put-on versus those who take it seriously. Feel free to put yourself in either category.

If I had to believe one person in this giant mess it would be Ruslan Tsarni.

Last edited by verybadgnome; 04-24-2013 at 02:13 PM..

Old 04-24-2013, 06:33 PM

404 posts, read 712,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austinite101 View Post
If even a small percentage of his ideas are correct, he has done the world good.

Not all of us sit mindlessly in front of the TV and believe the lies. The guy caters to a group of over paranoid quasi militants.. but i mean.. take a look around. Do you really think that this country is headed in the right direction? Congress has a 14% approval rating. Have you heard of CISPA yet?

Old 04-24-2013, 06:40 PM

12,946 posts, read 13,328,106 times
I think he's pretty loony, but then again an awful lot of those people inside the Beltway running the government are no better than he is.

Old 04-24-2013, 06:50 PM

1,063 posts, read 1,776,575 times
He's fun...I like the stuff he says about new light bulbs being used for mind control...quality!...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of: