Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 09:40 AM

247 posts, read 558,732 times

Advertisements

Unless you're making 6 figures and have lots of time to spare, either don't move or get a new job closer to where you'll be moving to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2013, 03:06 PM

163 posts, read 408,719 times
+1 on the helicopter.
There are more fun ways to get back and forth, but they're not faster than the 2222/360 slog, just more scenic.
If you can commute after rush hour I highly recommend it. Before I had a child in school that's what I did and the commute time is half, but you're way more likely to get a speeding ticket.

Old 02-07-2013, 07:31 AM

1 posts, read 986 times
Default traffic help

Hello, I am new to these forums, but not new to Austin or ways to get around. I assume you are choosing to live out in order to get a nice apartment that costs less? That being said, if you haven`t signed a lease yet- may I suggest nw austin near the arboretum. Prices are fair, apartments are nice and there are plenty of other routes off he highways to get around. I live near 360 and spicewood, bull creek greenbelt. When I go south, to avoid mopac, I take balcones until it hits endfield. Then I take endfield to 5th, or cesar chavez and cut thru downtown.
. If you work at 35 and oltorf, you can hut riverside, cut thru that neighborhood and be on the service road close to where you work! Sounds complicated, but I have taken this route often- travel time during rush hour is about 30 mins. Hope that helps! Godspeed

Old 02-07-2013, 07:34 AM

3,834 posts, read 5,760,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by s4man View Post
Hello, I am new to these forums, but not new to Austin or ways to get around. I assume you are choosing to live out in order to get a nice apartment that costs less? That being said, if you haven`t signed a lease yet- may I suggest nw austin near the arboretum. Prices are fair, apartments are nice and there are plenty of other routes off he highways to get around. I live near 360 and spicewood, bull creek greenbelt. When I go south, to avoid mopac, I take balcones until it hits endfield. Then I take endfield to 5th, or cesar chavez and cut thru downtown.
. If you work at 35 and oltorf, you can hut riverside, cut thru that neighborhood and be on the service road close to where you work! Sounds complicated, but I have taken this route often- travel time during rush hour is about 30 mins. Hope that helps! Godspeed
This is a horrible idea...don't do this.

Old 02-07-2013, 08:50 AM

399 posts, read 974,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyBlue View Post
They are covertly trying to force you out of your car and on to a bus, toy train, or bicycle.
Quelle horreur!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin