Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 11:35 PM

3,225 posts, read 14,021,442 times

Advertisements

Interesting that it made a call in radio show.

Weird though, that the guy would say "all of a sudden" as my home in FC, which was listed for $219k in April, has been here since 2000, which is longer than many of the $500 & 600k homes that are here now.

FC is nice, but it's nothing like Steiner or Circle C - and maybe that's why I like it....

I have to wonder though, what these snooties would think, coming on this board, and hearing what you all think of them being on the east side of 35! I think that might blow their minds...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2007, 11:15 PM

7 posts, read 17,023 times
Alright so I'm about to put an offer on a house in FC. I'm assuming it's on the old side as it's on Paradise Ridge on the north side of Forest Creek rd. Is this HOA thing something I need to worry about?

Old 10-30-2007, 11:31 PM

135 posts, read 734,471 times
No, but living around some classless people is.

Old 10-31-2007, 12:00 AM

3,225 posts, read 14,021,442 times
Paradise Ridge? Isn't that in Sonoma?

Sonoma-Pulte Homes in Round Rock, Texas - 512-961-3116 (http://www.americanhomeguides.com/apps/data/go/ahg/brochure/HPC-5048.html - broken link)

Old 10-31-2007, 08:25 AM

14 posts, read 34,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txbreeze01 View Post
No, but living around some classless people is.
Nice. I've lived at just about each and every price point a person can live, and I gotta say, there are classless people EVERYWHERE.

Old 10-31-2007, 09:01 AM

2,238 posts, read 8,984,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smelyal8r View Post
Alright so I'm about to put an offer on a house in FC. I'm assuming it's on the old side as it's on Paradise Ridge on the north side of Forest Creek rd. Is this HOA thing something I need to worry about?
Low ball it by 40% and say it's because of the new houses in FC. You may give the owner a stroke and you can pick it up cheap at the estate sale. hee hee.

Old 10-31-2007, 01:47 PM

Oh actually the house is in Sonoma which is next to Forest Creek. Good I guess I don't have to worry about the FC HOA thing!

Last edited by smelyal8r; 10-31-2007 at 02:29 PM..

Old 10-31-2007, 07:58 PM

575 posts, read 2,489,116 times
Quote:
Oh actually the house is in Sonoma which is next to Forest Creek. Good I guess I don't have to worry about the FC HOA thing!
We moved from Sonoma to SR. We had a house close to Paradise Ridge. We lost $6K on a 1 story, 3000 sq. ft. From the front door, you could look through the foyer, and about another 45 feet to the corner of the Great Room. What a "sight line" that's for sure. It was a nice floorplan.

Just to qualify however, we got the "California" treatment when we moved to TX, so our agent suggested we offer full price so we could insure we got the house. We basically gave away any potential equity to Pulte because we didn't know better. We even later found out it had been under contract four times before us.

By the way, when we left CA, a full price offer was ridiculed with predujice, and if you didn't offer at least $10K over asking on a CA property, you were not even in the game. So unfortunately, our conditioning was based on a completely different real estate market when we got here, and it was leveraged to the full extent.

But maybe I am getting OT, what $ per sq. ft. are you paying? It shouldn't be higher than about $78 for Sonoma, unless it really has something going for it, and is in the older larger home section.

Old 11-01-2007, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromCalitoSteinerRanch View Post
We moved from Sonoma to SR. We had a house close to Paradise Ridge. We lost $6K on a 1 story, 3000 sq. ft. From the front door, you could look through the foyer, and about another 45 feet to the corner of the Great Room. What a "sight line" that's for sure. It was a nice floorplan.

Just to qualify however, we got the "California" treatment when we moved to TX, so our agent suggested we offer full price so we could insure we got the house. We basically gave away any potential equity to Pulte because we didn't know better. We even later found out it had been under contract four times before us.

By the way, when we left CA, a full price offer was ridiculed with predujice, and if you didn't offer at least $10K over asking on a CA property, you were not even in the game. So unfortunately, our conditioning was based on a completely different real estate market when we got here, and it was leveraged to the full extent.

But maybe I am getting OT, what $ per sq. ft. are you paying? It shouldn't be higher than about $78 for Sonoma, unless it really has something going for it, and is in the older larger home section.
Was that a while ago? The comps my realtor pulled had Sonoma averaging $85 to $92 a sq ft. The house we put an offer on was built in 2005, is about 2600 sq ft and has a 3 car garage. The offer we put in will put it at about $82 a sq ft. This is more house than we need as we have our first child on the way and don't plan on having anymore. We figure this house will be comfortable for us for at least the next 5 to 10 years. I think this will be a good investment and will be a great home for us. I lived in San Diego for quite a few years and made some money on real estate out there, so I know where you are coming from. The thing that is killing me about this state is the property taxes! They are ridiculous! Still, we couldn't afford a house like this in San Diego, so I guess I can't complain. Thanks for all the info.

Brett

Old 11-01-2007, 11:12 PM

575 posts, read 2,489,116 times
Quote:
Was that a while ago? The comps my realtor pulled had Sonoma averaging $85 to $92 a sq ft. The house we put an offer on was built in 2005, is about 2600 sq ft and has a 3 car garage. The offer we put in will put it at about $82 a sq ft. This is more house than we need as we have our first child on the way and don't plan on having anymore. We figure this house will be comfortable for us for at least the next 5 to 10 years. I think this will be a good investment and will be a great home for us. I lived in San Diego for quite a few years and made some money on real estate out there, so I know where you are coming from. The thing that is killing me about this state is the property taxes! They are ridiculous! Still, we couldn't afford a house like this in San Diego, so I guess I can't complain. Thanks for all the info.

Brett
It was March of '05. We got a tad over $80 a square foot. We were in the older section with bigger lots. Ours was close to a 1/4 acre, and was 88 feet wide in the backyard. If you are looking at one built in '05, then that is the newer section where they replatted the lots and took the lot sizes down to about 7200 sq. ft. Just passing this along so you know what to ask for. Find out if the $85 to $92 sq. ft. is in the older sections, and not the one you are looking at.

Also, about the comps, TX is a "non-disclosure" state, so those comps may be based on asking price, because actual sales price is pretty much a "state secret" in TX. Ask your agent what they are basing the comps on. It could be the real sales price if they are in tight with the other local agents, or if they ask the other agents if they got the "asking price" for the homes they have sold.

The thing that really got us was when we talked to people and most said we should have low balled Pulte. What we didn't know as stated before was the house was under contract 4 times before us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin