Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2013, 08:33 AM

8 posts, read 12,232 times

Advertisements

Moving to Austin in a few weeks with my fiance for a new job. I have asked around and mostly I have been told to live in the Lamar/Congress are and East Austin/Eastside (sorry still earning the areas). I am having trouble finding rentals in the eastside/6th street area. ANy recommendations on where to look? Also I have been told 6th street is where to look, but I assume 6th street is just referring to the area and not to only look on 6th street. Is this correct? Any help you can provide will be helpful. I am coming out in a couple weeks to view some places but I want to have a good idea of what I want before I ger there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2013, 10:03 AM

55 posts, read 170,683 times
I don't think there are a lot of apartments on the Eastside/6th Street. The question is, where are you going to work? It would be best to live near your job as traffic in Austin is really bad.
I am assuming that the person who mentioned Lamar and Congress is referring to South Austin as that is where most of the apartments are and where most of the younger set like to be. I live in South Lamar and there are a lot of apartments from South of Lady Bird Lake all the the way to north of Ben White Boulevard. South Congress has also a lot of apartments and close to restaurants. If you work downtown, you will be just a few miles away. Budget wise, the apartments around here start at about $800+ upwards.
Southeast Austin has a ton of apartments but cater mostly to students as they are cheaper. They might have some safety issues also. Although Austin in my opinion is generally a safe city.

Old 03-25-2013, 10:20 AM

1,707 posts, read 2,982,848 times
Some apartments on the East Side

AMLI Eastside:
AMLI Eastside - Austin Apartments - Luxury Austin Apartments

Villas on E. 6th
Villas on Sixth Apartment Homes - Villas on Sixth (TX-1141) - Austin, TX

There's several projects under construction in the area too
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin