Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2013, 12:26 AM

55 posts, read 130,698 times

Advertisements

[quote=oldtoiletsmkgdflrpots;29324925]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moondance1960 View Post
I have been commuting more than 400 miles a week in a late 80s Ford that has over 800,000 miles./quote]

Dang! That has to be a record!! 800,000 miles!! You oughta make a Ford commercial!

Good to hear things worked out for you btw.
Yanno someone else recently suggested that same thing to me and seriously it has 800,000 miles on it. The AC/heater does not work, the transmission has a small leak, it BARELY makes it up the hills and I keep thinking it will die any day. But, then again I also think you cannot kill this truck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2013, 03:55 PM

12,950 posts, read 13,342,606 times
Go to a local dealer & suggest they use your truck in an ad, and maybe they'll give you a newer one.

Old 04-29-2013, 03:27 PM

38 posts, read 65,343 times
I read your post and all the responses. I am not here to judge..but I know of people have been in your predicament. I agree with the responses about your children needing to step up to the plate. I have been on my own with no family support, no welfare..nada...but sheer faith in God...put myself through hs, college and have been through ups/downs like everyone else in life.

I am not here to preach to you..but I know for a fact that many churches (if you practice or acknowledge any Christian faith)...especially those in Texas...help out to those who seek help. I know you mean well and all but is not not about time your children step out on their own? And if not...by all means...search internet and local papers for help...there is help: but you need to do some digging.

Also..you mentioned this great amazing job: well...if this so true...I find it hard to believe that none of your colleagues or someone...a boss..anyone cannot help you or place you and your family in the right direction.

Again..I am not judging...understand from the readers point of view...and by all means..do not give up your job. Either your not revealing something to us that is truly hindering you...or who knows what???

But keep the faith...if no one cared...they would not have taken the time to come here and respond. There is help available..in tough times. Hang in there and be strong!

God Bless!

Old 05-01-2013, 06:36 AM

55 posts, read 130,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kta379 View Post
I read your post and all the responses. I am not here to judge..but I know of people have been in your predicament. I agree with the responses about your children needing to step up to the plate. I have been on my own with no family support, no welfare..nada...but sheer faith in God...put myself through hs, college and have been through ups/downs like everyone else in life.

I am not here to preach to you..but I know for a fact that many churches (if you practice or acknowledge any Christian faith)...especially those in Texas...help out to those who seek help. I know you mean well and all but is not not about time your children step out on their own? And if not...by all means...search internet and local papers for help...there is help: but you need to do some digging.

Also..you mentioned this great amazing job: well...if this so true...I find it hard to believe that none of your colleagues or someone...a boss..anyone cannot help you or place you and your family in the right direction.

Again..I am not judging...understand from the readers point of view...and by all means..do not give up your job. Either your not revealing something to us that is truly hindering you...or who knows what???

But keep the faith...if no one cared...they would not have taken the time to come here and respond. There is help available..in tough times. Hang in there and be strong!

God Bless!

Did you see the posts where I stated that in the past, my children have helped. My vehicle flunked out on me, my son gave me his. We live in a small town, population 700 (if that), 20 miles from the closest town, store, etc. and he cannot walk to work. He gave me his truck and had to quit his job so that I could keep the one I got. You may not see it as this, but I say that is stepping up to the plate. When he was working and before I got this job, when he got paid he gave me the majority of his money and kept very little for himself. That is stepping up to the plate.

There are churches and other organizations to offer assistance, but I make enough money that I do not need their assistance and my personal opinion ... there are those out there in much more need of assistance than me.

I do not want to take away from those who are in need, when I can ... through time ... find a remedy ... which I did thanks to many of the people who cared and took the time to respond ... much like yourself.

Thanks! Have a GREAT day!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin