Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 08:02 AM

1,035 posts, read 4,464,669 times

Advertisements

No, Austin doesn't have the early morning sauna effect I would say our hottest weather is from July to September.

You may want to play with this to compare the two cities:

History : Weather Underground
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2007, 08:14 AM

1,035 posts, read 4,464,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twange View Post
I don't understand how anyone can stand that kind of humidity. Being a male on the...shall we say..."hairy side"...that's just the worst climate ever

Back in the day I used to have big curly rock-star hair and the humidity was no friend of mine, let me tell you!
I'm glad someone understands!

Old 11-04-2007, 12:31 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,685,553 times
My husband could relate to the big curly rock star hair + humidity mixture. He still wears it longish and the tension I can feel around him when it's really humid is palpable :P It cracks me up! He just started throwing a cap on when it gets like that (although, for the hair outside of the cap..it makes no difference )

Old 11-04-2007, 06:17 PM

2,357 posts, read 7,896,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by love roses View Post
My husband could relate to the big curly rock star hair + humidity mixture. He still wears it longish and the tension I can feel around him when it's really humid is palpable :P It cracks me up! He just started throwing a cap on when it gets like that (although, for the hair outside of the cap..it makes no difference )
Ha! I gave up on that years ago! Now, if I go more than 4-5 days without shaving my head smooth as glass...I feel downright dirty

Absolutely blissful!

Old 11-04-2007, 10:52 PM

1,280 posts, read 4,290,459 times
Austin is a LOT drier than Houston. When I first moved here, my lips were chapped all the time. Also, in Austin it is cooler in the shade than it is in the sun (in Houston there is no difference). Totally different world in my opinion.

Old 11-05-2007, 11:59 AM

25 posts, read 94,041 times
Default Is there much of a Fall?

So is there much of a Fall in Austin? Being from Virginia, what I missed most when I lived in Houston was the beautiful Fall season where leaves changed, it gets a little more chilly in the air, etc. In Houston it just got cold and rainy and some trees would turn brown but not much of a Fall. Is it much different in Austin?

Old 11-05-2007, 12:09 PM

314 posts, read 1,230,058 times
The seasons feel very similar to Houston. Austin tends to be a few degrees cooler. I visit Houston at least once a month, and it looks the same (only Houston is dirtier, smellier, and flatter). The humidity is night and day though and it makes such a huge difference!!

Old 11-05-2007, 03:13 PM

10,130 posts, read 19,872,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff8 View Post
So is there much of a Fall in Austin? Being from Virginia, what I missed most when I lived in Houston was the beautiful Fall season where leaves changed, it gets a little more chilly in the air, etc. In Houston it just got cold and rainy and some trees would turn brown but not much of a Fall. Is it much different in Austin?
More trees turn in the fall in Austin, but not all of them. Maybe 30-50%. Red Oaks and such provide more color. And as you drive north, like to Dallas, the percentage goes up to like 75% and you get more fall colors.

I always kind of liked that year-round green in Houston. Very tropical and lush, kind of opposite of the impression that you get when you hear all the bad rap Houston gets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of: