Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 09:36 PM

1,985 posts, read 3,318,930 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
Again, why on earth is the police chief wasting his time twittering stuff like this?? It really isn't dignified.
You don't "twitter", you tweet. Get wit it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2013, 08:26 AM

12,950 posts, read 13,342,606 times
I thought this tweetin' business was for soccer moms and teenage girls.

Or maybe I'm thinking of facebook.

Don't do either one.

Old 05-22-2013, 08:46 AM

1,456 posts, read 1,510,717 times
Default not too embarrassed

I do not find that bad at all. I think Acevedo has been way better than many former Police Chiefs of Austin. When he actually supported looking into the shooting of the Rocha guy and wanted his cop investigated and fired her even-I was proud of him for looking for the truth and not hiding behind the badge. So many Police departments in the US in the past "close ranks" despite truth and that is wrong.

Old 05-25-2013, 09:09 AM

12,950 posts, read 13,342,606 times
Glad to see the Chief say he doesn't want to roll around in the mud with a "lowlife". Seems that he doesn't like the competition - here's a site that discusses rotten California cops:

No Justice in Battering Cop Case

Quote:
[SIZE=2]Then on July 9th, news hit that CHP Assistant Chief Art Acevedo, a prominent candidate to replace Helmick, was in trouble. According to the Press Democrat, Acevedo "has been the subject of a recent state sexual harassment investigation and a $5 million civil claim for allegedly showing nude photographs of a subordinate officer to high-ranking officials while on duty . . . Acevedo kept sexually explicit photographs of the woman in the glove compartment of his state-issued car and displayed them to various supervisors between 1995 – when his brief affair with the officer ended – and 2002, according to claims filed with three state agencies . . ."[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]When he took the photos, Acevedo was a sergeant – guess where! – in the agency's internal affairs bureau! At the time the lawsuit was filed, the CHP had taken no disciplinary action against Acevedo.[/SIZE]
I don't know the outcome of that sordid case, but I'm sure a lot of you will continue to drink Art's KoolAid no matter what.

Old 05-25-2013, 11:26 AM

70 posts, read 106,102 times
Hmm. As a woman, I would just add that, as has been proven time and again, letting your current boyfriend take nude photos of you, is, in general, not a good idea. One must keep in mind the fact that the current bf may - one day soon - be the ex-bf and use those photos for nefarious purposes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin