Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2013, 02:47 PM

5 posts, read 7,485 times

Advertisements

Hello all! I've been lurking on this forum for a while now, but now we are officially moving to the Austin area from Panama City Beach, Florida. My husband works for USPS and we've been wanting to transfer to the area even before we transferred to PCB, but it just didn't happen...until now. I'm a nurse, and have been for 11 years. Just curious about the availability of jobs and hourly rates for nurses in the area. I currently work PACU but I have ICU and CVICU/transplant experience. If any nurses on the site could give me some insight that would be awesome. I've done some research, but I'd love to hear some up-to-date information from nurses in the area. What are the average hourly rates (PRN especially). What are the best hospitals? Here in the Florida panhandle the pay is absolutely terrible, at least compared to my home town of Baltimore, so I'd love to know what I can expect when I move. I won't be working initially because we have five boys under 8 that will need to acclimate to the area, but it's time to start looking at my options. Any input is very much appreciated!! Thanks so much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2013, 07:59 AM

1,299 posts, read 2,767,744 times
Someone posed this same question a couple days ago, here is the link for that thread and my response:

What's it like to be a nurse in Austin?

PRN wages are going to several dollars more per hour just like in most places. I don't know exact amounts. Your critical care experience with serve you well! Good luck.

Old 06-16-2013, 09:57 AM

Thank you for the link! I had done a search, but for some reason it didn't give me that post. Much appreciated. =)

Old 06-17-2013, 07:58 AM

15,260 posts, read 35,537,960 times
Quote:
because we have five boys under 8
Wow. Do you go to work to get a break? .

Old 06-17-2013, 08:09 AM

Yes...sometimes! I used to never want to admit that, but our house can definitely be crazy (I wouldn't change it for the world, though!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin