U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-31-2008, 01:34 PM

1 posts, read 2,236 times

Advertisements

Hello,
I currently own a home in the Ridge at Alta Vista. We purchased there because of the school and the families. It is an excellent location across from the schools. The Lakeway school district is second next to West Lake schools in the Austin area. The Ridge offers a very extensive club house with a state of the art weight room, tennis courts, play structures, and very large pool. There are also many security features that make the community very safe. It is one of the few gated communities in the area and the only with basements. Our neighbors are fantastic. The only down side is how long it takes for Toll Brothers to complete your house when building. If you can buy on eof the homes already built and brand new I would recommend it. Coming from California I can tell you that the time it takes to drive from downtown Austin to Lakeway is nothing. You really have the best of both worlds in this location. There is so much growth in the area that the property there is really holding it's value. Hope this helps! Good luck!
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2008, 10:31 PM

80 posts, read 238,631 times
Default FYI on Lakeway's growth

City of Lakeway has announced that a new Lakeway Regional Medical Center is going up on FM620. About a mile North, there is a proposed Downtown Lakeway off of FM620.

Old 04-05-2008, 11:31 PM

184 posts, read 750,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austin_momma View Post
City of Lakeway has announced that a new Lakeway Regional Medical Center is going up on FM620. About a mile North, there is a proposed Downtown Lakeway off of FM620.
Do you know approx where on FM620 is this new medical center being built?

Old 04-05-2008, 11:43 PM

184 posts, read 750,978 times
Did a little web search and found that the proposed Medical Center (that will take approx 3 years to complete) will be located at 3100 S FM620. This would be between the falconhead blvd and aria ridge drive on FM620, close to the Hill Country Galleria Mall.

Old 04-07-2008, 04:22 PM

80 posts, read 238,631 times
Default Next to the Lake Travis High School

The hospital will be located on the west side of FM 620. If you are driving on FM620, there is a billboard on the site.

Old 07-02-2008, 08:04 AM

3 posts, read 10,854 times
Just stay away from buying a home from Toll Bros. They are the WORST homebuiler. Just google the web for Toll bros problems and you will see tons of websites and blogs with all the problems. It is horrible here in Alta Vista, I live here and I know. I would never wish all these problems unto someone else. Therefore, I'm going to spend my free time warning potential buyers. Buying re-sale, you should be OK, but just get a very good inspector - not anyone remotely connected to Toll.

Old 07-02-2008, 08:39 AM

124 posts, read 383,670 times
medical center is going to be next to the high school ( or close to)

Old 07-04-2008, 10:48 AM

15 posts, read 43,098 times
Again, I repeat, that one who buys a Toll House needs to stay on top of them. And have an inspector check throughout the building process. The homes are beautiful in Ridge at Alta Vist and surrouned by a "greenspace" which is a protected lands and the views are amazing. Also, the Medical Center is going in across 620 so resale should be incredicle, even in this market, in a couple of years.

The building laws in Texas - whole state, not just Lakeway, are in favor of the builder so I would suggest if you are building anywhere in Texas, you have to stay on top of the builder non-stop. And have an inspector throught the process - anywhere in Texas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin