Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2013, 07:12 PM

12,969 posts, read 28,422,673 times

Advertisements

You ever wondered where the saying "Happy Trails" comes from?

Back when the town was still known as Waterloo, and Pecan Street was still on the outskirts, Madame de Tabasco, formerly of Red Stick, Louisiana... now known as Baton Rouge... started up the first of many of her often hastily relocated emporiums of bodily expression known as "Red Stick Cowboy Rectification Stations." Each promised a chilled schooner of the "Finest St. Louis Beer" with every paid admission, and a guaranteed "Happy Trails" sendoff. They were wildly popular in the day, and some historians credit them with being the primary reason the State Capital was permanently located here.

Now, many generations, multi-great grandaughter Consuelo de Tabasco is reputed to still carry on the family business, from a fabulous mansion near the historic French Legation, overlooking the downtown area.

But she doesn't advertise in the Chronicle. It's strictly a word of mouth-to-mouth operation.
"Austin - A great little drinking town with a live music problem."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2013, 06:07 AM

737 posts, read 1,582,036 times
I don't know, but, how about you all get girlfriends? This thread is so pathetic.

Old 07-16-2013, 09:36 AM

8,977 posts, read 17,542,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janejanejanejanejane View Post
I don't know, but, how about you all get girlfriends? This thread is so pathetic.
janie, as someone who did a fair amount of body work in another life, I can tell you it's not always a guy looking for a girl(in the massage biz).

Carry on, y'all.

Old 07-16-2013, 09:47 AM

10,130 posts, read 19,872,387 times
This is one of those threads where we really need a follow up from the OP about how the recommendations went.

Old 07-16-2013, 09:53 AM

5,184 posts, read 7,275,400 times
Quote:
I've never figured out romance novels or Lifetime network movies, but never thought consumers of either were pathetic.

Besides, at least one writer thinks men have figured out the game is rigged. Don't blame the player, blame the game?

Old 07-16-2013, 10:42 AM

4,573 posts, read 6,778,254 times
Quote:
girlfriends are more expensive.

I love that Happy Trails story....
Quote:
Now, many generations, multi-great grandaughter Consuelo de Tabasco is reputed to still carry on the family business, from a fabulous mansion near the historic French Legation, overlooking the downtown area....
What a great name...& if true, THAT would be excellent CD "inside scoop".

Old 07-16-2013, 05:41 PM

737 posts, read 1,582,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10scoachrick View Post
janie, as someone who did a fair amount of body work in another life, I can tell you it's not always a guy looking for a girl(in the massage biz).

Carry on, y'all.

so...you're saying it's 99% guy and 1% girl? Sounds about right.
Ugh yes I keep coming back to this thread to see what other ridiculousness has come about and cannot turn away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of: