Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 12:32 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,624,420 times

Advertisements

That made me laugh. I could see myself doing the same thing. I'd eventually have to chisel my way in One day my husband caught me yanking on the car door and told me hot water was a good alternative
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2007, 01:39 PM

1,618 posts, read 6,602,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by love roses View Post
That made me laugh. I could see myself doing the same thing. I'd eventually have to chisel my way in One day my husband caught me yanking on the car door and told me hot water was a good alternative
I used to bump my a## on the door hoping to break the ice loose. Most of the time my hip or a## lost that war

Old 11-19-2007, 02:06 PM

2,357 posts, read 7,880,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike78613 View Post
So after all, you miss it or ya glad you left it?
The best answer I can give is that I miss it "sometimes". I would never not move somewhere based on weather. For example, I would still live in London even though the weather is much more grim than Cleveland because, well...it's London! Also I guess growing up in a cold weather climate, I sort of like the badge of honor that goes along with living through those winters. I do think it can give you a certain edge But I certainly won't miss the black and white photograph existence of February and March in the Great Lakes Last year we got a blast of snow the week of Easter that totally RUINED our tulips and daffodils I mean, we waited all winter to see some form of life, and as soon as they peeked out...BLAMO!!!!!!!!!!!

Wilted.

I do love winter sports(cross-country skiing, snow-shoeing etc...)and seeing Lake Erie and the Rocky River freeze over(you can't imagine the giant chunks of ice as the waves and currents freeze).

Than again, I really like sitting on my deck in November, wearing shorts, t-shirt and flip-flops...

Old 11-19-2007, 02:24 PM

1,035 posts, read 4,455,868 times
twange, how'd you like our little blast of cold weather (the last cold front)? That's our typical "winter"

Old 11-19-2007, 02:38 PM

2,357 posts, read 7,880,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texastea View Post
twange, how'd you like our little blast of cold weather (the last cold front)? That's our typical "winter"
I have worn long pants twice since moving here in early September This is a good thing since I've gained a few lbs "sampling" the local cuisine and most of my jeans are a bit snug

Old 11-19-2007, 03:33 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,342,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike78613 View Post
Only thing I never enjoyed was ice scrapping the windows or having a hard time to get in my car because the ice on the door handle was locked shut / tight. So basically I could not get inside my vehicle. lol
That is something that makes me so angry when I try to get inside and my doors are frozen shut. You just have to keep tugging at the door....at times it feels like the handle is going to come off in your hand!

I keep telling myself...."this is your last winter..."!

Old 11-19-2007, 03:45 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,342,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by love roses View Post
Yeah that works too!!

Old 11-19-2007, 03:53 PM

1,035 posts, read 4,455,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twange View Post
I have worn long pants twice since moving here in early September This is a good thing since I've gained a few lbs "sampling" the local cuisine and most of my jeans are a bit snug
That's easy to do around here. Now I'm craving tex-mex and Amy's ice cream for reason

Old 11-19-2007, 04:33 PM

701 posts, read 2,476,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanwannabe View Post
That is something that makes me so angry when I try to get inside and my doors are frozen shut. You just have to keep tugging at the door....at times it feels like the handle is going to come off in your hand!

I keep telling myself...."this is your last winter..."!
Ok...I'm naive and all but I've never heard of this happening. My ideas of snowy winters are all from the movie A Christmas Story. At least that's what I thought when I saw the photo of the swing set.

Looks lovely and all that, but not to live in, just to visit.

Old 11-19-2007, 04:45 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,624,420 times
It happens when there is a little rain or drizzle mixed in with the snow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of: