U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-11-2013, 04:54 PM

6 posts, read 4,091 times

Advertisements

My neighbor, we've found out is not on the lease, is a convicted felon and now it would seem by the number of men throughout, into the early morning and by a few getting the wrong apt number and knocking on my door at 2 a.m, that she is a hooker. We've contacted the office and were told they've had issues wondering who actually lives in her apt. Then the office shut down talking, stating tenet confidentiality. But nothing is being done by management. According to her FB, she's looking for her third roommate in two months. The complex was very upfront with us when leasing; no felons, no one living in unit more than 7 day's or they have to be on the lease go thru a background check. We found all this out by a simple on line background ck. Why doesn't the complex. We've contacted tenet counsel via e-mail; you can't get thru by phone. But nothing from them yet. I'm a fun girl but don't want this going on next door, or her drunk clients wondering over to my place. Any serious, suggestions.

Thanks
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2013, 05:01 PM

4,696 posts, read 6,950,037 times
Call 311 and ask to speak to a detective, call the Tenant's Council to see if you have any formal rights in this situation.

Old 11-11-2013, 05:38 PM

2,342 posts, read 3,133,584 times
You can send a registered letter to the management company so that there is a paper trail. You can also contact the owner with detailed information of when you've contacted management and what their reply was. Good luck!

Old 11-11-2013, 07:03 PM
hts

607 posts, read 1,145,476 times
what's your friend's address, lol?

Old 11-11-2013, 10:16 PM

32 posts, read 24,543 times
Does she provide discount for neighbors?

Old 11-11-2013, 10:17 PM

328 posts, read 222,032 times
Send the Mgmt a letter stating you might notify KXAN news for one of those special investigation stories. Tomorrow night is about the unruly Pedicab situation we have downtown. I can't wait.

And welcome to the Austin forum.

Old 11-12-2013, 10:39 AM

520 posts, read 654,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT-3 View Post
Tomorrow night is about the unruly Pedicab situation we have downtown. I can't wait.
There are no upticks in pedicab accidents or incidence with police so they have to issue a fake report on increased..."concerns". Which is to say KXAN is reporting on itself trying to drum up concerns (read: fear) without any factual justifications. That is the MO of every local news station...try to drum up fear and scare you into watching their special reports when there isn't any actual news going on.

I didn't know there was anyone who ever actually couldn't wait to see these local news reports that try to scare viewers - "COULD THERE BE RAZOR BLADES IN YOUR CHILD'S CANDY!? CONCERNS ARE ON THE RISE! WATCH OUR SPECIAL REPORT TO SEE WHY!" - but I guess so.

KXAN does a "special investigation" on pedicab fears once per year, it's just time for this year's. It will feature someone rolling through a stop sign at 3 mph and the taxi cab union talking about how their competitors are "out of control", just like last year.

Up next will be how organic vegetables could be killing you, then how yoga is actually destroying your body "watch to find out how!" and then, are kidnappings in Austin on the rise!?

Yawn.

Old 11-12-2013, 10:52 AM

4,131 posts, read 2,247,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffettjr View Post
Up next will be how organic vegetables could be killing you, then how yoga is actually destroying your body "watch to find out how!" and then, are kidnappings in Austin on the rise!?

Yawn.
Tonight, on 60 Minutes. How apples are killing you and your babies! Or maybe not.

Old 11-12-2013, 12:03 PM

12,779 posts, read 10,814,722 times
"Seems like a prostitute," and "Is a prostitute," are very different statements, legally speaking. I'd caution you to stick with your observations and proven facts, not your conclusions, when speaking to anyone about this situation.

Maybe she's just friendly, and maybe she might sue you for saying otherwise. Stranger things have happened.

Old 11-12-2013, 10:39 PM

328 posts, read 222,032 times
buffettjr, I was joking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin