Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2014, 09:44 AM

269 posts, read 428,151 times

Advertisements

Kohmet you are such a troll, you present no evidence to support your opinions.

I said "You could even find some in Allandale or Rosedale if you are patient and get lucky." And have shown nice houses that have sold in the past 3 months for under 350K.

What evidence have you shown to contrast my point that "You could even find some in Allandale or Rosedale if you are patient and get lucky."?

I have shown that there are nice houses to be had in Central Austin for 350K and under. I have named Riverside as a "better bet" than WP/UH for being much closer to DT and the river. I have also shown what the last 10 houses in UH have sold for. You have done absolutely nothing but retort "the 90's is alive and well"...

I am done arguing with fools. Its clear that you have no argument. When the OP is actually in the process of contacting a Real Estate agent and looking for a home in Central Austin with 350K, he will have a number of options.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2014, 09:51 AM

1,549 posts, read 1,954,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komeht View Post
Hey PPP - using you're little homesnap website you wanna know how many Allandale homes are listed for 350 or under?

ZERO

In fact, the CHEAPEST home is 425 (I'm sure it's a beaut too).

Most homes are going for over 500K.

Rosedale Homes For Sale :: Rosedale (Austin) Real Estate :: Homesnap

Let's check Rosedale shall we?

1 homes under 350 - it abuts mmmmmmMopac. hrrrmmmmmmm zzzzzzzwhoosh POP BANG BANG

Hmm. . .

The halfway decent homes in Rosedale go for 600-700K

Rosedale Homes For Sale :: Rosedale (Austin) Real Estate :: Homesnap

hmmm

PPP38 continues to hum to himself
*The Dream of the 90s is alive in Austin, Austin, Austin. . .
Psst ---- Komhet. Rosedale only goes as far west as Shoal Creek.

Old 01-05-2014, 09:53 AM

1,549 posts, read 1,954,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppp38 View Post

I said "You could even find some in Allandale or Rosedale if you are patient and get lucky." And have shown nice houses that have sold in the past 3 months for under 350K.

What evidence have you shown to contrast my point that "You could even find some in Allandale or Rosedale if you are patient and get lucky."?

I have shown that there are nice houses to be had in Central Austin for 350K and under. I have named Riverside as a "better bet" than WP/UH for being much closer to DT and the river. I have also shown what the last 10 houses in UH have sold for. You have done absolutely nothing but retort "the 90's is alive and well"...

I am done arguing with fools. Its clear that you have no argument. When the OP is actually in the process of contacting a Real Estate agent and looking for a home in Central Austin with 350K, he will have a number of options.
Like I said before, you haven't shown a single home in Rosedale that sold under $350K.

Old 01-05-2014, 09:57 AM

13,447 posts, read 15,466,742 times
Quote:
. I am black, I am far less concerned with race than I am with poor people and crime. I don't care if they are white, black, brown or blue as long as they are not criminals or associate with criminals. I don't have time to worry about break ins. There are a lot of thefts in UH, WP and although Austin is a low violent crime city- there are also a lot of assaults in this area. Stop trying to make this into a race issue when its really an issue of socio-economic status.
Just because people don't have h/h incomes of $100K or more doesn't mean that they are criminals or associate with criminals. That is way off base and you know it. BTW, I am still scratching my head about why the presence of ADT signs mean anything.

Old 01-05-2014, 10:18 AM

269 posts, read 428,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
Just because people don't have h/h incomes of $100K or more doesn't mean that they are criminals or associate with criminals. That is way off base and you know it. BTW, I am still scratching my head about why the presence of ADT signs mean anything.
Its not that the household incomes are less than 100K as the average household income in the US is far less than that, the HH incomes are far closer to 40K. It is a poor neighborhood. You are reaching if you don't think that poor people and crime don't go hand in hand. And, the zipcode is already a higher crime area of the city. Also people typically place security signs out to serve as a deterrent for break ins. While, lots of people have no problem living among poorer people- I decided against it. Yes the neighborhood is changing but as I already said- it wasn't for me. As I have already said- I am a single woman, I preferred to live in one of the lowest crime areas of the city. If you are offended by that oh well.

Old 01-05-2014, 10:22 AM

3,981 posts, read 6,733,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by centralaustinite View Post
Properties in 78704 are high priced! Only the market can say if they are overpriced. Judging by how fast homes are selling, they are not overpriced, big difference between a listing price (often a fantasy, wishing price) and the sold price. But virtually nothing in 04 at the $350K range regardless of condition because the underlying land is so valuable.

Big change. When I was looking in 78704 four years ago my upper limit was 200k and there were homes that met that criteria and weren't tear downs. In 2000 I was looking and found a home that needed remodeling on West Oltorf for $110k. I shoulda bought that one.

OP: Would being on a good transit corridor make up for proximity? There are new rapid/express bus lines and of course metrorail that can make your commute car-free. MLK, Highland, Crestview and Kramer are the more central ones that still have more affordable housing around them (well maybe not Crestview anymore).

If you don't have kids or a dog I don't think being in a SFH is a priority, sometimes it is actually a burden.

There are areas of 78702 and 78741 that are still more affordable. If I wanted to take a chance and was patient I'd look there.

Old 01-05-2014, 10:32 AM

13,447 posts, read 15,466,742 times
Quote:
Its not that the household incomes are less than 100K as the average household income in the US is far less than that, the HH incomes are far closer to 40K. It is a poor neighborhood. You are reaching if you don't think that poor people and crime don't go hand in hand. And, the zipcode is already a higher crime area of the city. Also people typically place security signs out to serve as a deterrent for break ins. While, lots of people have no problem living among poorer people- I decided against it. Yes the neighborhood is changing but as I already said- it wasn't for me. As I have already said- I am a single woman, I preferred to live in one of the lowest crime areas of the city. If you are offended by that oh well.
No, I am not "offended" by anything...where you choose to live I could care less. I live in a low crime area as welll, who cares? I'm just expressing my opinion on what you said. In my area, you see half million dollar homes with ADT signs on the lawn so it's funny to me that their presence signifies anything. My area has a low burglary rate but people still have them and think nothing of having them on their lawn. In addition, it has been shown that break ins tend to occur in more well off neighborhoods because (surprise!) people in more affluent neighborhoods have things inside that are worth stealing.

Also, the neighborhood is not poor. It is a working class/lower middle class/middle classed neighborhood and is changing as we speak due to its proximity to downtown and affordability. Many of those "original rowdy homeowners" are good people who worked and continue to work.

Old 01-05-2014, 11:03 AM

1,558 posts, read 2,397,832 times
Quote:
They all have horrible school tracks.
Make them better.

Old 01-05-2014, 11:08 AM

3,834 posts, read 5,759,138 times
Quote:

You're telling folks there are 350K homes to be had in Rosedale and I'm the troll? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

*PPP38 taps his feat as he posts while humming to himself "The dream of the 90s is alive in Austin, Austin Austin..."

Old 01-05-2014, 11:16 AM

3,834 posts, read 5,759,138 times
No, seriously, OP...go ahead and look in Rosedale. It's a great neighborhood. And if you can find a unicorn there buy

So once you're done chasing PPP38's unicorns (it's very telling that he has yet to produce a single listed home there on the market anywhere close to your price range) take a look at WP if you want a nice centrally located home with huge upside potential (or Mueller if you want a new townhome instead of a SF detached home)

There probably aren't anymore deals left in 78702 and 78722, but it's probably worth scratching around for something there as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin