Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 09:10 AM

9,249 posts, read 26,691,351 times

Advertisements

Then that agent should probably not be selling houses anywhere in Austin. Those problems happen in CP too. Or will, given the explosive growth. Anyway, as close to Pflugerville as I live, I have never heard this. Anyway, this thread is about "pink countertops", not how bad Pflugerville is claimed to be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2007, 09:14 AM

I would love to do a house that way! The people we knew in Denver that redid a Victorian decorated the inside a 1950's style. I know it sounds odd; a Victorian with 1950's furniture, but the way they did it worked somehow.

Old 12-05-2007, 09:33 AM

3,225 posts, read 14,061,557 times
Quote:
My agent says people in Pflugerville are having a hard time unloading their homes because their schools are in decline. Gangs are creeping in is the word. She says there are deals to be had buying there now, but would not show us houses there. We ended up in CP.
Um yeah, I would love to see that agent's "proof" of such claims.

Old 12-05-2007, 09:46 AM

8 posts, read 23,400 times
They asked why they were obviously "desperate to unload it". I simply suggested this may be why. Whether there is truth to the claim or not, that is the word that is spreading and therefore affecting people being able to sell there. I didn't say it was true or not. But if that's the perception, then it could make it hard to sell a house in that area.

I wasn't slamming Pfulgerville. Just answering the question that was asked.

Old 12-05-2007, 10:03 AM

Looking at the map, that area isn't bad. Further South a few miles probably would be iffy.

Old 12-05-2007, 11:41 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Pflugerville is not in decline. It's going thru some explosive growth though.
I've been here 10 years and my son has been in the school system since kindergarten (in HS now). I don't think those desperate to unload it folks told the entire story.

Old 12-05-2007, 11:48 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
well a little work with that address shows in in the area of PHS as the high school.
I will admit PHS has some new problems due to a bunch of rental apartments built on the other side of 1825.

Plus there is a major road that will connect Wells Branch Parkway (over by I35) way east to Immanuel and possibly this will cut thru their neighborhood and depreciate the value ??

The TCAD shows the deed date as 1996 so this person has been in Pflugerville as long as myself and maybe they just want out like I do seeing how Pflugerville's changed so much. Some folks like it. But a lot of the old timers don't and are looking to leave.

Old 12-05-2007, 02:06 PM

1,207 posts, read 6,279,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprout1976 View Post
My agent says people in Pflugerville are having a hard time unloading their homes because their schools are in decline. Gangs are creeping in is the word. She says there are deals to be had buying there now, but would not show us houses there. We ended up in CP.
Egads, what your agent did sounds a lot like what is called steering, and it's a violation of the fair housing laws. He/she might need to go return to some continuing education courses in real estate.

Fair Housing for Real Estate Agents - Showing Properties

Old 12-05-2007, 02:14 PM

1,741 posts, read 5,396,848 times
The pink counter tops question was a joke, meaning "Is this the only reason the description sounds so desperate?"

As a side note if the people *weren't* desperate that was the impression I got from their listing. Home sellers should think about what their write ups are saying to buyers. I seriously question why a house has been on the market for a while at what looks like a good price, although I realize a bad agent can be to blame in some cases. Lots of red flags go up, however, when they start advertising, price drops, incentives and agent bonuses.

I was looking for answers like the fact that a hwy might be cutting through the neighborhood or the neighborhood is in decline. Remember, I know absolutely nothing about the area which is why I've started posting questions about individual houses. If the houses were in my current city I could tell you right away why they are priced as they are. I figure if I ask about specific houses a pattern will emerge.

Old 12-05-2007, 04:04 PM

3,225 posts, read 14,061,557 times
Quote:
I seriously question why a house has been on the market for a while at what looks like a good price, although I realize a bad agent can be to blame in some cases. Lots of red flags go up, however, when they start advertising, price drops, incentives and agent bonuses.
Mmmm.... well, in comparison to other states, the Austin suburbs are weird. DON'T apply what you know about the real estate market in your area, to places like Georgetown, Pflugerville, Round Rock... and maybe even Cedar Park.

There is a LOT of new construction, all over. NONE of these areas are in decline. They are all still fairly new... in comparison to other places.

Things sit here, on the market, forever it seems... for many reasons. The national market is sort of one reason... but mainly I think it has to do with this weird bubble we appear to be in... lots of construction, lots to choose from... I don't know, I am not a professional real estate agent, but I have learned enough in my year here that you can't automatically discount a home here because it's been sitting a long time and/or bonuses offered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin