Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2014, 11:28 PM

34 posts, read 68,344 times

Advertisements

Hey Austinites.

Really straight forward... and although this is open for anyone to answer, it's really directed to guys who have had the experience of dating enough in both Austin and the Bay Area to speak on where's the better place, in your opinion, and where it's not... and why?

Simple as that. Just be honest, it's all I ask. If bad or good, regardless of what anyone else may say in reply on this forum, there ain't no judgements here. Just speak whatever is true to you.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2014, 02:39 AM

1,283 posts, read 2,736,986 times
I'm not sure what one place has to do with another. Austin is in Texas and Bay Area..well, is not Texas!

Old 04-15-2014, 06:57 AM

4,280 posts, read 9,164,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no place View Post
Hey Austinites.

Really straight forward...
Hmmmm...

Old 04-15-2014, 07:14 AM

1,588 posts, read 2,316,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joqua View Post
Hmmmm...
Well played.

Old 04-15-2014, 07:16 AM

1,588 posts, read 2,316,272 times
OP you go first.

So, how's the love life in SF?

Is everyone too busy, looking to trade up and only focused on material goods not about seeing the real person in front of them?

Old 04-15-2014, 02:33 PM

36 posts, read 42,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastcoasting View Post
Is everyone too busy, looking to trade up and only focused on material goods not about seeing the real person in front of them?
If you're describing Austin, you couldn't be any more correct.

Old 04-15-2014, 03:50 PM

2,101 posts, read 4,527,489 times
I've lived in San Francisco and Austin and have dated in both places. I'd say that statistically and anecdotally, if you're a man who wants to date a woman, you have better chances of finding a single woman in the Bay Area than in Austin (there are statistically more women in the area and the very large number of gay men in San Francisco make it a little bit harder for women). I've also observed that a lot more people in Austin want to settle down and have kids at a young age than in San Francisco. However, I can't say that there's an appreciable difference in the dating scenes in both cities.

Old 04-15-2014, 05:38 PM

8,977 posts, read 17,552,407 times
Geez...can't we move this to the personals section?

Old 04-16-2014, 02:14 PM

12,059 posts, read 13,890,870 times
Found first wife in Bay Area in second wife in Austin, so I'm fully qualified here

N. CA women are a bit more "polished/refined" and "versatile" than in Austin, IMHO. For instance, the women in the Bay Area can do hiking or skiing in the day but at night be dressed to the nines. They care a lot about personal appearances, i.e. manicures/pedicures are important, IMO more "girly" girls than in Austin. For instance, they are more likely to wear a dress, etc... They also tend to have a little more weight on them than Austinites in general, but they are still fit compared to the rest of the country. They like to wear pumps/sandals/footwear that exposes the feet. They like to drink wine, are more sophisticated in general.

Austin women tend to be very slim and fit, with an emphasis on working out, hiking, etc... but they somewhat scorn dressing up. Dressing up for them is wearing jeans, a decent shirt, and boots. Otherwise, shorts, t-shirt, and sandals are the standard dress. They like to drink mix drinks like margaritas over wine. They also drink plenty of beer.

Austin women are a bit tomboyish and fun, N. CA women are sophisticated and interesting. They both rock in the bedroom, so don't worry about that

Old 10-13-2014, 09:17 PM

34 posts, read 68,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastcoasting View Post
OP you go first.

So, how's the love life in SF?

Yeah... I was reminded of my post on here from months ago since I am going to Austin tomorrow... unfortunately, I just tuned out after getting a few douchey replies, at the detriment of missing out on all the other replies that were posted that were actually good, useful, contributing and relevant to what I asked.

How's the love life?... what's it to you? and what does that have to do with what I was posting that you have to get all personal? And why the negativity and stereotyping of people in the bay area (for you to get so worked up over such an innocent post coming from the bay tells me that you have some very personal and hard feelings about it; but even so, how's going online and getting personal on someone you don't know while putting down and generalizing the place I'm from and its people as a whole good in dealing with those feelings, negative as they are, and as plainly based on what you're saying?)

How's your love life? Obviously not very good if you have such a chip on your shoulder that your trolling the internet in search of post on which to leave such douchey comments towards people that you don't even know. Or, alternatively, your love life is good, and you've found someone... but that makes you an even bigger douche for getting down on someone who probably hasn't found someone and is asking such a question--regardless of where I am coming from with the question, check yourself (better yet, take better care in worrying about yourself altogether rather than projecting your negativity on people)... your reply says more about you than anyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of: