Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2014, 05:16 PM

895 posts, read 1,240,345 times

Advertisements

IS the current Austin 100% perfect to you? not a single thing you would change? nothing that needs to be improved? You wouldnt wanna add or remove things/stores? If you would change something then you should leave because its obviously not for you because you cant get your way. Thats basically what you said...makes sense haha.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2014, 05:20 PM

Like I said... I dont need public transportation. The city is going to if its going to continue to keep pace with the growth. Unless you want the highways/road ways more gridlocked then they already are its bound to happen and should of already. I used to live 35 minutes from dt chicago and guess what? It took me just about that to get dt pending pro sports games ending/starting. People live 5 minutes from austin proper and it takes them 1+ hour to get to where they are going downtown. Thats crazy. As I said, I could really careless as I dont need to go downtown on a consistent enough basis to. So hey if your cool with it then cool man. We will see where we sit in 5 years.

Old 04-16-2014, 05:20 PM

2,283 posts, read 3,856,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antny12 View Post
IS the current Austin 100% perfect to you? not a single thing you would change? nothing that needs to be improved? You wouldnt wanna add or remove things/stores? If you would change something then you should leave because its obviously not for you because you cant get your way. Thats basically what you said...makes sense haha.
No. I wouldn't change a single thing, or run around saying anything about the city needs to change to make me happy.

Old 04-16-2014, 05:24 PM

LOL okay..im done. As I said for the 100000000 time I am happy. I dont need the change, the city does and will. Case closed. Go on telling more people what to do with their lives because they have differing views then you.

Old 04-16-2014, 05:26 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,404,950 times
Quote:
LOL okay..im done. As I said for the 100000000 time I am happy. I dont need the change, the city does and will. Case closed. Go on telling more people what to do with their lives because they have differing views then you.
Isn't that what you're doing? Or, rather, expecting others to do things because your view is the only correct and "inevitable" one?

Old 04-16-2014, 05:26 PM

Quote:
If you can't see the irony in this, can't help you.

Old 04-16-2014, 05:32 PM

Im not telling YOU what to do. I simply stated that if Austin is to continue to keep pace with its growth it will need to offer viable public transportation or else the city and residents will be negatively impacted. Pretty simple. You came in saying I need to move because of this view, so how in the hell am I telling people how to live or what to do with their life? I stated a pretty obvious fact that you clearly dont agree with. Your argument instead was to tell me to move lol. Good stuff.

Old 04-16-2014, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Im not telling YOU what to do. I simply stated that if Austin is to continue to keep pace with its growth it will need to offer viable public transportation or else the city and residents will be negatively impacted. Pretty simple. You came in saying I need to move because of this view, so how in the hell am I telling people how to live or what to do with their life? I stated a pretty obvious fact that you clearly dont agree with. Your argument instead was to tell me to move lol. Good stuff.
You need to learn some critical thinking skills, Maybe exercise some reading comprehension.

This is what I said:

Quote:
Austin has ALWAYS been "what you see is what you get" if you move here expecting that to change, just because you moved here? Well, welcome to Austin - now go home.
So. If someone moves here expecting things to change because they moved here, they should probably move away. Austin has a poor track record of acquiescing to transplants looking for something. I'm not telling anyone how to live, complaining about food, whining about NFL, bitching about traffic or anything of the sort. I'm explaining exactly how Austin has dealt with growth in the past, and how it will deal with it going forward. There have been no signs that this attitude or approach will change.

Old 04-16-2014, 07:16 PM

53 posts, read 57,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadWarrior12 View Post
It is not the "city's fault". It's morons that move somewhere, expecting the public to support their chosen lifestyle - be it through transit, roadways, etc.

Austin has ALWAYS been "what you see is what you get" if you move here expecting that to change, just because you moved here? Well, welcome to Austin - now go home.
No dog in this fight, but that's pretty damned rude.

Old 04-16-2014, 07:17 PM

Well clearly you need to adjust your bifocals or whatever it is that is helping you to read. I never complained about anything actually. I dont know how many times someone has to repeat themselves... I said in order to keep up with the growth the city is going to need to do something about public transportation...never complained because I DOnT CARE I DOnT USE PUBLIC TRAnSPORTATIOn. I simply stated a FACT. If Austin continues the growth at this rate while doing nothing to improve public transportation then Austin's roads will be damn near bumper to bumper 24.7. Thats all. never said "if they dont do something about it im moving". Jeez. And sorry for asking why the 10th most populated city didnt/doesnt and why some dont want a sports team...guess im just supposed to "know" everything. I never said it was an issue...just that I think it would be cool if it did have one...again what the hell is wrong with people having opposing views? Get over it...OMG I asked if there was some good italian places to eat at....I should just move back to Chicago because Austin's Italian food doesnt compare to Chicago's. LMAO..gotta be kidding me. Sorry for trying to get to know and be apart of my new city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of: