Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2014, 06:24 AM

320 posts, read 486,992 times

Advertisements

This sounds fun! I'm going, with the kids
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2014, 07:08 AM

1,807 posts, read 2,969,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppp38 View Post
Don't understand the hype of Eeyores birthday. Pot, Beer, Drum Circles and Naked Women + kids, is not an appropriate good mix. I went once, wouldn't go back.
I'm with you. I celebrate my inner child everyday, from playing with my dog, riding my bike, pickup basketball game, baseball league, etc. I don't know how beer, weed, and drum circles relate to Eeyore. A lot of the women dress like hookers and strippers. I guess I never read the Winnie the Pooh book where Pooh and Eeyore went to the strip club and then picked up a couple of hookers afterwards. I thought strippers only wore glittery pasties, but I guess Eeyore was a fan of them.

But, y'all have fun. Don't want to be a square and harsh a mellow.

Old 04-19-2014, 08:36 AM

2,283 posts, read 3,855,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXEX06 View Post
I'm with you. I celebrate my inner child everyday, from playing with my dog, riding my bike, pickup basketball game, baseball league, etc. I don't know how beer, weed, and drum circles relate to Eeyore. A lot of the women dress like hookers and strippers. I guess I never read the Winnie the Pooh book where Pooh and Eeyore went to the strip club and then picked up a couple of hookers afterwards. I thought strippers only wore glittery pasties, but I guess Eeyore was a fan of them.

Probably one of the big reasons you've found San Antonio much more agreeable for you than Austin.

Old 04-19-2014, 09:38 AM

53 posts, read 57,222 times
Quote:

Seems almost a bit... weird. No worries, though. It'll be sterilized soon enough, just like everything else that was unique in this town.

Old 04-19-2014, 09:43 AM

20,958 posts, read 45,400,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kavorka View Post
Seems almost a bit... weird. No worries, though. It'll be sterilized soon enough, just like everything else that was unique in this town.
Yep, it's a sign of the End Times when anyone in Austin thinks that Eeyore's is a bad thing. Might as well say that Barton Springs is a bad thing and should be closed to children or shut down entirely!

Old 04-19-2014, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
Yep, it's a sign of the End Times when anyone in Austin thinks that Eeyore's is a bad thing. Might as well say that Barton Springs is a bad thing and should be closed to children or shut down entirely!
I don't agree with this. There's always been folks in town that don't find Eeyore's to be their cup of tea, and find the topless there and at Barton not age appropriate for their kids. Nobody's calling for it to be abolished, they're just saying they're not going - the beauty of Austin is in the fact that this very thinking is perfectly acceptable. Having a dissenting minority is what keeps thinking diverse. What isn't acceptable is expecting everyone to think and act the same - THAT would be a sign of the end.

Old 04-19-2014, 10:30 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,051,870 times
Sure is a lot of defensiveness here just because someone shared their opinion on the event... sheesh.

Old 04-19-2014, 11:42 AM

1,807 posts, read 2,969,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadWarrior12 View Post
Probably one of the big reasons you've found San Antonio much more agreeable for you than Austin.
Not at all. I love the drunken debauchery that is at many of the Fiesta events in San Antonio. I loved waking up at 7am to listen to bands while drinking Lone Star tallboys and eating breakfast tacos during SXSW. Just don't get how Eeyore relates to skanky women, drugs, and drum circles. Everyone loves an excuse to party though.

Old 04-19-2014, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Not at all. I love the drunken debauchery that is at many of the Fiesta events in San Antonio. I loved waking up at 7am to listen to bands while drinking Lone Star tallboys and eating breakfast tacos during SXSW. Just don't get how Eeyore relates to skanky women, drugs, and drum circles. Everyone loves an excuse to party though.
The last line is exactly how it relates. Pretty sure Eeyore was stoned out his gourd and must have crossed the wrong pimp to lose his tail.

Old 04-19-2014, 02:50 PM

1,707 posts, read 2,983,903 times
Eeyore's is a free-spirited celebration. Everyone is accepted and encouraged to express their true inner self. If that bothers you, then maybe it's not the right place for you. Eeyore's really helps keep the laid back, free-spirited vibe alive in a town that's rapidly losing that identity. It saddens me how sterilized Austin has become and I really don't understand why anyone feels the need to criticize something that's so true to Austin's identity. . Austin needs Eeyore's Birthday Party more than ever.

Last edited by Debsi; 04-19-2014 at 06:10 PM.. Reason: Removed personal attack, there is room for opposite opinions
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin