Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2014, 08:44 PM

5,184 posts, read 7,277,620 times

Advertisements

Best interview I've ever seen with Aaron. He's easy to misunderstand - this might help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2014, 09:25 PM

4,131 posts, read 7,443,557 times
I've never been to Franklin BBQ, the only line I've been in was at Cooper's. Why do people hate Franklin?

Old 07-07-2014, 09:30 PM

36 posts, read 60,411 times
In my opinion he has nothing to hide. His recipes are available on-line and he seems genuine and overall a nice beer-drinking guy.

The reason for the expansion is that he wants a faster line. Why the hate? Don't wait in line if you think the lines are unreasonable. Best of all, Texas BBQ isn't complicated and you could easily smoke your own meats. I do it all the time, all it takes is care and patience.

Last edited by Debsi; 07-07-2014 at 09:49 PM.. Reason: Removed deleted quote

Old 07-07-2014, 11:12 PM

2,357 posts, read 7,898,377 times
Awesome interview, particularly the part where he discusses his price philosophy. Very honest and authentic. Thanks for posting. I'm hungry now.

Old 07-08-2014, 07:09 AM

308 posts, read 600,425 times
It is so awesome to see Franklin expand!

Old 07-08-2014, 07:41 AM

550 posts, read 516,885 times
the "line" is a signature thing with Franklins. even when he expands the line will just get longer...lol..

Old 07-08-2014, 07:55 AM

547 posts, read 1,434,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winkosmosis View Post
I've never been to Franklin BBQ, the only line I've been in was at Cooper's. Why do people hate Franklin?
Nobody hates Franklin himself, they just like to feel superior by pointing out the supposed idiocy behind those waiting in four hour lines, all while caterwauling from the rooftops that "I WOULD NEVER BE THAT DUMB! NOTHING IS WORTH THAT!" They then go on with their day feeling smug that they are better than the hipsters who waste their day because of their supposedly sheep-like mentality and inability to strike out from the herd. I see the same comments written over and over again.

Meanwhile, I and a couple of my close friends go out and tailgate for a couple hours having a blast drinking beer and catching up with each other in comfortable lawn chairs, coolers, and microbrews. And when it's all over we get to end it with delicious, greasy barbecue. No sheep herds required.

Those with a live and let live mentality don't have anything negative to say about Franklin.

Old 07-08-2014, 08:09 AM

550 posts, read 516,885 times
I always post up with my buds and the cooler. we flip a coin and the loser holds a spot in line, while the rest of us sit in the car and get drunk...lol....

good times everytime.

Old 07-09-2014, 02:42 PM

12,059 posts, read 13,888,792 times
Sounds like the improvements to the restaurant are primarily for his comfort and to keep the smokers at a more constant temperature. I think the extra room to make sausages is a good idea. I was hoping that they actually were going to be addressing waiting issues, but it doesn't seem like a top priority.

Old 07-09-2014, 06:57 PM

13,714 posts, read 31,173,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cBach View Post
Sounds like the improvements to the restaurant are primarily for his comfort and to keep the smokers at a more constant temperature. I think the extra room to make sausages is a good idea. I was hoping that they actually were going to be addressing waiting issues, but it doesn't seem like a top priority.
The only thing I can see him do to reduce the line is to radically raise the price. Then fewer people will think the food is worth it.

He can't make more unless he sacrifices quality or turns his place into the Salt Lick and he doesn't want to do that. I applaud him for not trying cash in and franchise.

I have tasted his food, but only at a food festival. Some day I will take the day off and partake in the experience. I bet I won't be disappointed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of: