Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2014, 10:50 AM

22 posts, read 38,831 times

Advertisements

Hi, my husband I just recently bought a house. However, the backyard pool needs some renovation. Does anyone have any advice on companies they recommend for pool restoration? Mainly in the areas of an expansion joint put in, resurfacing, and changing out the drains to bring them up to code, and adding an led light just to give you and idea. Please any help or recommendations would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2014, 10:54 AM

5,184 posts, read 7,249,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NH2TX View Post
Hi, my husband I just recently bought a house. However, the backyard pool needs some renovation. Does anyone have any advice on companies they recommend for pool restoration? Mainly in the areas of an expansion joint put in, resurfacing, and changing out the drains to bring them up to code, and adding an led light just to give you and idea. Please any help or recommendations would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Hines. There are a lot of folks with a pickup and a smile. Hines is a real company, and there is nothing too big or too little.

Old 08-28-2014, 11:13 AM

206 posts, read 297,333 times
I just got my pool re-plastered with quartz, about $5000. I also got a new filter, pool cleaner, pool startup and it came out to be around $7500. Pool is about 20k gallons.

Don't know if I should recommend since the scheduling was a mess, no show for a couple of days, they did get it finished in 4 days once they started... Some mistakes also occur but they fixed it, costing the company thousands I believe, they plastered it without the quartz!

50% for work to begin, demolition, prep and such, and 50% before they start plastering. So you pay 100% before job is complete.

In the end, they got it completed, still waiting on the correct pool vacuum cleaner to arrive though.

MSG me if you want their contact.

Old 08-28-2014, 11:16 AM

1,588 posts, read 2,305,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamwayne View Post
I just got my pool re-plastered with quartz, about $5000. I also got a new filter, pool cleaner, pool startup and it came out to be around $7500. Pool is about 20k gallons.

Don't know if I should recommend since the scheduling was a mess, no show for a couple of days, they did get it finished in 4 days once they started... Some mistakes also occur but they fixed it, costing the company thousands I believe, they plastered it without the quartz!

50% for work to begin, demolition, prep and such, and 50% before they start plastering. So you pay 100% before job is complete.

In the end, they got it completed, still waiting on the correct pool vacuum cleaner to arrive though.

MSG me if you want their contact.
Jeez if no other reason than to stay away.

I think you lucked out that they didn't go awol once you discovered the plaster issue.

Old 08-28-2014, 11:23 AM

206 posts, read 297,333 times
A couple of phone calls was made, a bit of cursing from the workers because *the bosses fked up*... I wish I could of recorded the whole situation and reactions. I do have the picture to bring up the memories and laugh. But they did fix it immediately and didn't take the money and run.

Old 08-28-2014, 02:44 PM

22 posts, read 38,831 times
Hi, thanks for the advice. I emailed Hines waiting to hear back. Has anyone used Prime Pool Service before? That sounds like huge mistake with the quartz missing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin