Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2014, 02:34 PM

38 posts, read 79,318 times

Advertisements

As I've said before, I am a college senior studying CS. The average starting salary of a CS major is $60,000 and there are plenty of jobs out there. I'm very ambitious, have big dreams, and have no doubt that I'll live a better life in the future. I will NOT be "a 40 year old dude living in his mom's basement", and I don't need any random people on the internet telling me I'm a loser and insulting someone they don't know.

Where is the "Texas charm"? All I'm reading is bitterness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2014, 02:45 PM

1,985 posts, read 3,299,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike0910 View Post
As I've said before, I am a college senior studying CS. The average starting salary of a CS major is $60,000 and there are plenty of jobs out there. I'm very ambitious, have big dreams, and have no doubt that I'll live a better life in the future. I will NOT be "a 40 year old dude living in his mom's basement", and I don't need any random people on the internet telling me I'm a loser and insulting someone they don't know.

Where is the "Texas charm"? All I'm reading is bitterness.
You have no credibility because you have posted in other forums saying you were someone else. "I am an electrical engineer making $34 an hour..."

And now you're trying tell us you're still in school doing comp sci?

Old 11-02-2014, 02:49 PM

6 posts, read 7,443 times
Lots*of*negativity*in*this*thread.*Any*mods*are*we lcome*to*close*it*down.

Old 11-02-2014, 03:39 PM

615 posts, read 776,192 times
Quote:
Here you said you already graduated and accepted a job offer...

Quote:
I'm in my early 20s and just graduated college with a BS in computer science and got a FT job offer in the Detroit area. I plan on working in Detroit for only a few years. I really want to work on the coasts (San Diego, Seattle, Bay area, etc). There are much more opportunities + higher salaries + the areas are just more exciting on the coasts. The problem is that I've heard it's extremely difficult to get a job out of state. Last week I applied online to a few major tech companies such as Microsoft, Intel, Cisco, and Qualcomm but I haven't received a call yet. How do people manage to get jobs in different states?
And here, you're a married pediatrician with two kids...

Quote:
My job has been relocated to Denver so i went on Money's Best Places To Live and found out that the nearest best place would be Highlands Ranch. How is this place? Is it boring or fun? I'm looking for a beautiful scenery and fountains and waterfalls and stuff like that... I'll be renting a home for $1000 first and then i'll be buying a home. My price range for a house is about $500,000. I'm married with 2 kids and i'm a pediatrician. Any good activities for kids? Is there a good water park and good zoo? Good schools? Auto Show? I currently live in a suburb of Detroit.
And here you're retiring...

Quote:
I'm retiring and I want a place that:

- Has Spanish or Italian influence/architecture
- Tropical
- Beaches with seagulls
- Clean and safe
- Charming
- Can be small, medium, or large sized
- Near a city with entertainment
- Not boring

Old 11-02-2014, 03:49 PM

1,588 posts, read 2,301,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petro View Post
Here you said you already graduated and accepted a job offer...

And here, you're a married pediatrician with two kids...

And here you're retiring...
Sounds like an Austin kinda guy!

C'mon down, live downtown and run for Mayor...how do you look in a thong?

Old 11-02-2014, 04:36 PM

3,176 posts, read 6,183,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTerminator View Post
Says the poster who has been a CD member for ONE DAY.

Old 11-02-2014, 04:49 PM

3,176 posts, read 6,183,568 times
More from bits Mike the-not-so-covert-nor-smart troll!

(Also, Mike, you joined in 2011 and have a rep of 16? I don't ever think I've EVER seen a rep that low -- or even close -- for someone who joined 3 years ago. That's. Um. Epic. Only happens for posters with multiple sham personas.)

Quote:
It's funny you say nobody earns that much out of school. My classmates and I started out making nearly that much right out of school in the midwest.

Quote:
What do you think is the total cost (per year) to maintain a 10,000 sq ft home in Fort Collins? I was looking at houses in the area and saw this home. It looks like a pretty decent deal compared to other houses in the area. Another thing i'm worried about is the building material. Do you think it was made cheap?

Thanks.

4736 Rim Rock Ridge Rd Fort Collins CO - Home For Sale and Real Estate Listing - MLS #661638 - Realtor.com®

Quote:
We are moving to the Plymouth-Canton area, zip code 48187 to be specific. I have a child who is in 10th grade and another one in 3rd grade. They are struggling with their studies and we've heard some good things about Canton. What is the district like? How good is the district? How is Canton high school and Fiegel elementary?

Last edited by Idlewile; 11-02-2014 at 05:00 PM..

Old 11-02-2014, 04:54 PM

615 posts, read 776,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTerminator View Post
Riiight... those asterisks look familiar. I wonder where I've seen that before. Oh yeah...

Quote:
What zip codes near the greater Austin area have the highest quality of life? By quality of life I mean cleanest water, low pollution, close to good quality stores*and*shops, good*schools,*clean areas, etc.
Nice sham account, Mike. People like you should be banned from CD.

Old 11-02-2014, 07:09 PM

392 posts, read 803,668 times
lol you guys are funny

Old 11-02-2014, 08:38 PM

1,807 posts, read 2,953,196 times
Wow! This thread turned out great! Good entertainment for sitting on the pot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of: