Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2015, 11:17 AM

99 posts, read 180,887 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknrollinhoneybadger View Post
So even the bacteria will be snooty?
How would this large public urinal be able to differentiate the snooty from non-snooty bacteria?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2015, 04:28 PM

1 posts, read 1,286 times
I just learned of this as well. Coors family building a in closed surf and beach. Nice

Old 07-09-2015, 10:03 AM
JH6

1,435 posts, read 3,217,522 times
Ok, so Hawaiian Falls is not that bad. Have posters on here actually been there?

I live in Round Rock a few miles from the water park.

Here is my review of the water park. We went last year when it was just completed.

The park was not DONE. Construction workers were walking through the park with cordless drills putting up safety ropes and stuff, also building attractions.

For the money $25 per adult, it was not worth it. We did have coupons at work that made the kiddos we were with free, so it was barely affordable for that.

Everything was reasonably clean, and it was reasonably fun, we found it ODD that the music being played was christian rock, and every ride had bible verses posted in front of it. It was kind of like going to Jesus Land. I'm not against it, just odd for a water park.

The food was poor quality, similar to what you would find at a Zoo or something like that. Usual theme park fare.

I probably wouldn't go back unless they ran a deal for $10 per person after 5pm or something like that.

There are just too many other options to get wet in Central Texas, for much cheaper. Take me tubing in a river, or take me even to a city pool I could do it for under 10 dollars per person.

Old 07-09-2015, 02:09 PM

653 posts, read 1,794,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodinvilleguy View Post
Yeah, it pretty much sucks.
I visited once.
It was after it had closed for the day, but they let us in to look around, and answered questions we had.

It looked like it had some definite potential, but it would take some years to realize that potential.
It needs much more nature, like trees and things that might make it feel like something other than a glorified swimming pool.

I love the Disney World water parks.

New Braunfels Schlitterbahn looks like a park and resort that I would really enjoy.
But since I don't drive, it is easier for me to just go to WDW (supper shuttle to airport, plane to Orlando, Disney Magical Express to resort, resort bus to water park).
Of course I am not talking about a day trip, but at least 3 days of relaxation and floating on a lazy river with relaxing scenery.

Old 07-09-2015, 03:22 PM

77 posts, read 192,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Girth69 View Post
I just learned of this as well. Coors family building a in closed surf and beach. Nice
Wavegarden

Old 07-09-2015, 03:57 PM

5,184 posts, read 7,276,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JH6 View Post
Everything was reasonably clean, and it was reasonably fun, we found it ODD that the music being played was christian rock, and every ride had bible verses posted in front of it. It was kind of like going to Jesus Land. I'm not against it, just odd for a water park.
Who We Are
Hawaiian Falls operates family friendly Water Parks and Adventure Parks in accordance with Christian principles.

Where We Are
Hawaiian Falls operates seven water parks and two adventure parks in North, Central and South Texas with locations in Garland, The Colony, Mansfield, Roanoke, Waco and our two newest parks in Pflugerville and White Settlement! With over 40 years experience, we have built and operated more water parks than anyone else in the family entertainment industry.

What We Do
We are passionate about serving our guests and providing safe, clean fun in a family friendly environment. We serve by being humble, grateful and thoughtful.

Our Family
We are servants, students, teachers, ambassadors, leaders and everyday citizens. Everyday citizens in our local neighborhoods. Our guests and employees are family.

Our Mission
Serving the Lord by Bringing Families Closer Together.

Old 07-09-2015, 04:31 PM

8,977 posts, read 17,548,407 times
Doesn't look like any water park I've ever seen. "Wave Park" "Surf Park"...maybe; but calling it a 'water park' isn't very descriptive when folks are familiar with the Schlit or even Hawaiian Falls.

Old 07-09-2015, 04:41 PM

12,059 posts, read 13,886,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eileenkeeney View Post
I visited once.
It was after it had closed for the day, but they let us in to look around, and answered questions we had.

It looked like it had some definite potential, but it would take some years to realize that potential.
It needs much more nature, like trees and things that might make it feel like something other than a glorified swimming pool.

I love the Disney World water parks.

New Braunfels Schlitterbahn looks like a park and resort that I would really enjoy.
But since I don't drive, it is easier for me to just go to WDW (supper shuttle to airport, plane to Orlando, Disney Magical Express to resort, resort bus to water park).
Of course I am not talking about a day trip, but at least 3 days of relaxation and floating on a lazy river with relaxing scenery.
This is kind of silly. You could take a taxi to New Braunfels and be there in less than an hour and a half, stay at the Schlitterbahn Resort for 3 days (which features Tree "Hauses" which are higher quality than most Disney lodging (sorry!) and be at a far better Water Park for much less price. I've been to Disney Parks, they don't know how to do waterparks like Schlitterbahn. Schlitterbahn is the best Water Park in the World!!! They have the longest water ride in the WORLD. They invented uphill water coasters. They have a ride that takes over 45 minutes long. They have Animatronics like Disney (Congo River). They are crowded but so is Disney!

Old 07-10-2015, 01:43 PM

653 posts, read 1,794,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cBach View Post
This is kind of silly. You could take a taxi to New Braunfels and be there in less than an hour and a half, stay at the Schlitterbahn Resort for 3 days (which features Tree "Hauses" which are higher quality than most Disney lodging (sorry!) and be at a far better Water Park for much less price. I've been to Disney Parks, they don't know how to do waterparks like Schlitterbahn. Schlitterbahn is the best Water Park in the World!!! They have the longest water ride in the WORLD. They invented uphill water coasters. They have a ride that takes over 45 minutes long. They have Animatronics like Disney (Congo River). They are crowded but so is Disney!
Actually,
A taxi to New Braunfels is quite expensive. I once figured out it was as expensive as a flight to Orlando.
But I have considered it.
I have even considered a combination of train and taxi.

Disney water parks are open in winter, and not very crowed.
Schlitternahn is not open except when it will be crowded.

I own a Disney Vacation Club membership, that I bought used when prices were very good (less than half the price they are now) so my accommodation cost, for very nice accommodations, is significantly lower than rack rates.

I still have unused water park days on one of my non-expire tickets. Adding the waterpark option to the park ticket was quite low, on a per day basis, lower than the per day cost of Schlitterbahn.
I paid about $600 for 10 waterpark days AND 10 major park days, with park hopping and no expire. (They no longer sell these tickets with the no expire option).

But I still think I do want to take a trip to Schlitterbahn.

I wonder what the least crowded time would be?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin