U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2015, 02:17 PM

674 posts, read 1,655,266 times

Advertisements

Calling Austin Realtors, especially those who specialize in SW Austin. (Austin Steve, looking at you.)

What do you think the prospects are for Travis Country, versus Circle C/ Meridian/ Alta Mira etc. Will Travis Country (which has smaller older houses) continue to rise as it has, or level off? I've heard that William Cannon is going to be extended from SW Parkway to connect right up to Foster Ranch Road / Travis Green, which could change things dramatically for Travis Country from a traffic perspective. Also I've heard that SW Parkway is going to be getting a lot of stores like HEB etc. And Travis County's houses seem to sell very quickly, although they are older and smaller than Circle C. Travis Country's public school track also doesn't seem quite as good, but then again O'Henry and Austin High are pretty good.

Will Travis Country neighborhood appreciate more than/ as much as Circle C? Or less?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2015, 03:31 PM

7,187 posts, read 17,701,416 times
Let me get out my crystal ball... cool, now I'm rich!!

It doesn't work that way. You have to look at current trends, as that helps predict the future, but who ever thought houses in Hutto would sell over $200k?

Travis Country is closer to the city. That neighborhood will always have the appeal to many people. It's also not cookie-cutter like Circle C so it has more character. Completely different buyers.

Old 04-25-2015, 04:30 PM

16,722 posts, read 40,835,478 times
Travis Country has always been a desirable location. Most of the houses there were originally built in the 70's. A lot of the houses are in need of updating.

There is the potential for growth on the West end of Travis Country, and I'm sure that real estate will be very pricey, but most of the area is already built out as far as land that could be used for subdivisions. It does not look likely to me that William Cannon will ever be connected to Travis Country Cir. given the existing build out. It could connect to Lost Creek Blvd. Take a look at the area in Google Maps satellite view.

It won't surprise me at all if additional stores and restaurants are added along SW Parkway, there is a need for them out there.

Old 04-26-2015, 12:12 AM

5,184 posts, read 5,723,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raskolnikov View Post
I've heard that William Cannon is going to be extended from SW Parkway to connect right up to Foster Ranch Road / Travis Green, which could change things dramatically for Travis Country from a traffic perspective. Also I've heard that SW Parkway is going to be getting a lot of stores like HEB etc.
That development is called Tecoma, and the William Cannon extension will be called Tecoma Circle (it will not connect to anything outside the development). Tecoma will consist of 1,856 multifamily units, 1.5 million square feet of mixed-use commercial space and a golf course. No single family dwellings. The retail space will include a grocery store (most likely an HEB), but there will be no big box retail.

The site plan predates SOS, so it is being developed with 40% impervious cover limits.

Old 04-26-2015, 07:43 AM

6,088 posts, read 15,345,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconheadWest View Post
Let me get out my crystal ball... cool, now I'm rich!!

It doesn't work that way. You have to look at current trends, as that helps predict the future, but who ever thought houses in Hutto would sell over $200k?

Travis Country is closer to the city. That neighborhood will always have the appeal to many people. It's also not cookie-cutter like Circle C so it has more character. Completely different buyers.
Ditto.

Both will continue to be in demand, but for different reasons. If a buyer did happen to be stuck in a toss-up between TC and CC, and wanted potential appreciation to be the tie breaker, it would still be a toss up in my opinion.

Steve

Old 04-26-2015, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scm53 View Post
That development is called Tecoma, and the William Cannon extension will be called Tecoma Circle (it will not connect to anything outside the development). Tecoma will consist of 1,856 multifamily units, 1.5 million square feet of mixed-use commercial space and a golf course. No single family dwellings. The retail space will include a grocery store (most likely an HEB), but there will be no big box retail.

The site plan predates SOS, so it is being developed with 40% impervious cover limits.
This is very interesting. 1,856 multifamily units sounds massive- all those renters suddenly nearly outnumbering Travis Country homeowners? That could really change the whole feeling of the area. In fact, it sounds like that could completely change Southwest Austin! Another Circle C sized development, but apartments?

It's hard to picture what impact this will have. Stratus Properties plans another big SW Austin project as Save Our Springs Alliance protests - Austin Business Journal

Old 04-27-2015, 09:47 AM

Does anyone here know more about Tecoma and it's potential impact on Southwest Parkway and Travis Country? Seems like such a massive project would have more about it in the news.

Old 04-27-2015, 06:58 PM

171 posts, read 156,795 times
There is nothing wrong with O'Henry and Austin High. Plenty of Tarrytown residents choose to send their children to both schools even though, arguably, they could just as easily send their kids to St. Gabriel's, St. Stephen's, Trinity, Regent's, etc...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or