U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2017, 03:46 AM

689 posts, read 285,547 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoamingTX View Post
Zillow explains a lot. As does using a radius and not actual road miles. You’re using outdated data that doesn’t paint a real picture.

A scraper is a tear down.

As for the rest of your assumptions and annoyance. I could care less. It’s almost as annoying as some visitor perpetuating a horribly outdated myth.
I do not understand your vibe in the least. Zillow has some homes that are brand new to the listing. Not all on, are old. You can plainly see when it was listed. Tulia .... All will have the same date it was listed. You are really full of bad energy and must be sad b/c your zip is in the middle of nowhere. Must be a drag once a month when you want to see civilization
Everyone has proven you wrong and you show zero humility. Typical Texan. This is why I am proud I left and lived all over the world. Love TX but important to see the world to know how ignorant we all are in TX.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2017, 03:48 AM

Default Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoamingTX View Post
All of your numbers are trash. Your 120 days a decade ago are garbage.

The only thing you can get within 10 miles of downtown is a scraper for that price.

Go back to Vegas or LA or wherever.
Also, going by friends that just sold their home for 200 within 10 miles of downtown.

Old 11-26-2017, 03:53 AM

Default thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT_ATX View Post
Houses in my hood are still listed in the low 200's (sometimes under), and I'm about 10 miles from downtown. Nothing that really needs to be torn down since a lot of it was built 5-20 years ago. The new construction is selling closer or over to 300 though, so prices seem to be creeping closer to that.
Thank you kindly for your contribution. Roamer boy lives far from you but thinks he knows your street better.

Old 11-26-2017, 07:19 AM

1,664 posts, read 806,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly_me View Post
I do not understand your vibe in the least. Zillow has some homes that are brand new to the listing. Not all on, are old. You can plainly see when it was listed. Tulia .... All will have the same date it was listed. You are really full of bad energy and must be sad b/c your zip is in the middle of nowhere. Must be a drag once a month when you want to see civilization
Everyone has proven you wrong and you show zero humility. Typical Texan. This is why I am proud I left and lived all over the world. Love TX but important to see the world to know how ignorant we all are in TX.
Ha! Love the “ignorant Texan” while you complain about my “vibe” in your broken Engrish.

Zillow’s garbage. Your story is fake. Thanks for leaving.

Old 11-26-2017, 10:03 AM

20,410 posts, read 37,792,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly_me View Post
Zillow is notorious for bad/out-dated information, dates shown notwithstanding.

I can't tell you the number of times I have had to explain to a buyer client who insists on using Zillow instead of other, more reliable sources (AustinHomeSearch.com is run by the Austin Board of Realtors and IS the public face of the MLS), that the home they've found that it shows as listed is, indeed, not on the market, hasn't been on the market for weeks, months, in some cases years. Their Zestimates are a joke (even they have said publicly that they consider 50% accuracy to be outstanding). If you insist on relying on Zillow, your credibility will take a serious hit with anyone who actually knows anything about accurate information.

And, no, not everyone has proven them wrong. In fact, my post that you took as validating your claim did not do so, you simply chose to see it that way.

As for your comment about seeing the world, all that shows is how ignorant you are of Texas and Texans in general. Most people I know have not only traveled to other states but traveled to (and in some cases lived in) other countries (not counting Mexico).

Old 11-26-2017, 11:04 AM

241 posts, read 186,885 times
I personally prefer realtor.com. Just think it is the easiest to use. I'm not actually looking to buy anything though, so it is more about following the market in my neighborhood than availability. For that, it seems to do the trick to see what goes on and off the market, raising and lowering of list prices and how quickly things go from listed to pending to gone.

Old 11-26-2017, 03:32 PM

I like to use all of them. Zillow just pops up first. I did sell a house in LA,CA on Zillow rather fast.

Old 11-26-2017, 03:34 PM

Default reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post

I can't tell you the number of times I have had to explain to a buyer client who insists on using Zillow instead of other, more reliable sources (AustinHomeSearch.com is run by the Austin Board of Realtors and IS the public face of the MLS), that the home they've found that it shows as listed is, indeed, not on the market, hasn't been on the market for weeks, months, in some cases years. Their Zestimates are a joke (even they have said publicly that they consider 50% accuracy to be outstanding). If you insist on relying on Zillow, your credibility will take a serious hit with anyone who actually knows anything about accurate information.

And, no, not everyone has proven them wrong. In fact, my post that you took as validating your claim did not do so, you simply chose to see it that way.

As for your comment about seeing the world, all that shows is how ignorant you are of Texas and Texans in general. Most people I know have not only traveled to other states but traveled to (and in some cases lived in) other countries (not counting Mexico).
The guy was just rude so I replied the same. I should not go to his level. You did validate my point. Warmest.

Old 11-26-2017, 03:40 PM

Default reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post

I am a Texan, why do you act like I am not?
This is rhetorical. Does your boss know at the realtor office you call potential customers home shopping ignorant? Rhetorical.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or