Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 11:23 PM

1,280 posts, read 4,292,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokee Girl View Post
And, jread, I like your style. Let's you and me go out to Mansfield Dam. We'll bring along your pearl-handled revolvers, and shoot the nutria when they pop out under the full moon. I'll bring the Shiner Bock.
That is the most romantic thing I've ever heard
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2008, 03:39 PM

7 posts, read 25,581 times
I live in Hyde Park. It is weird and sort of surreal what has been going on here, but it has been great how the community and the police have been making an effort to get together and communicate and cooperate to figure this phenomenon out and make it go away. The problem is- not every neighborhood has the desire or ability or to get as organized or involved as the residents of Hyde Park have- so the criminals will likely just move their operations to a nearby neighborhood when the going gets too tough here and houses stop looking like easy pickings. And that is sort of what they might look like to that element being that this area is typically known for being ecclectic and accepting of people regardless of how they look, what they drive, etc. It sucks that we have to train ourselves to be more suspicious of each other. That might be the biggest loss we're facing in this neighborhood.

Old 11-16-2008, 02:37 PM

1 posts, read 2,333 times
I just purchased a home in College Park and my back door was kicked in during the middle of the day. During that week, six other homes were broken into.They took all of my electronics, they even walked my 50IN HUGE Plasma screen right out of the front door and no one even noticed it. Me and my family members are going to get gun permits and we are going to purchase guns because I believe that some people might not realize how hard life is for EVERYONE right now. I am 22 years old and I work very hard for everything that I own!!!! I am from FL and I have never experienced this type of DRAMA!!

Old 11-17-2008, 01:08 PM

74 posts, read 216,977 times
Man thats nuts. I would say its time to subscribe to a security system and get some pepper spray or a gun.

I wouldn't expect the crime to remain in the area long term but its always a good time to beef up your security and saftey for now and the future.

Old 11-17-2008, 06:59 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,695,313 times
There's been an increase in crime around the area apparantly. Don't know what drives it, probably gangs. My husband drives a truck and last night someone broke into all the bays. Im not sure what they took. Before that, he had his truck stolen (he WAS an owner operator until recently) from his most recent jobsite and it was later found near El Campo with a strange trailer attached to it and had been used to run drugs These business break ins are happening in the North Austin area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin