U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2015, 12:25 PM

4,577 posts, read 5,397,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketshrimp View Post
.... We are more than 12 here fyi. we are outside of Austin that is why I said we have no other option with the transportation. My landlord is our only way of gettin out. Because if you walk youre gonna travel like 4miles of dirt road. That's why we are now looking to buy a large car that can seat at least 8 people.

This house is not fully furnished we only have lights and not more than 4 ceiling fan and imagine that we only do laundry during the weekends and most the day is spent at work. so we don't do so much activity. we are just there to sleep, take a bath, do a little laundry.

beds are not a problem. our company provides us a free beds and some toiletries that i think good for a month.

and may I ask if we bought a car what else do we need? or it is okay that we are taking our landlords rides? where can we save more? Because after a year. we are the one who will pay for our flight tickets and we all want to atleast have a savings of $3000 when we go back to our home country. That I think is the breakeven of the cost of getting here.
who is your Landlord rocketshrimp? Is it a Business or a person?

Where are you located "outside of Austin"? (tell us the general area)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2015, 10:46 PM

6 posts, read 3,638 times
It is a person not a business entity. Im not yet that familiar with the place. We are near bastrop. But I wont say the exact location. I have nothing against my landlord i want to know if the prices are fair.

What I mean with the cost is the money we pay for the plane ticket, placement fee, visa process. We are 100% legal to be here. I just dont want to disclose so much information about my exact location or identity.

We are not doing business with the landlord. the landlord is just our accommodation and ride going to work and back to the house.

(I dont really speak english. so sorry for my very annoying English)

Old 05-07-2015, 05:37 AM

147 posts, read 162,143 times
$200/mo is fair, $2400/mo for a 6BR house is actually a good deal, as are the utilities. Honestly, even the transportation at $10/day doesn't sound outrageous if you're in a rural area.

Based on the numbers you've provided, you're spending $460 per month on overhead. You should have no issues saving $3000 in a year - even at minimum wage.

Old 05-07-2015, 07:52 PM

Thank you for all the knowledge you shared! It gives me a peace of mind right now. GOD BLESS US ALL!

Old 05-11-2015, 08:50 PM

219 posts, read 217,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketshrimp View Post
It is a person not a business entity. Im not yet that familiar with the place. We are near bastrop. But I wont say the exact location. I have nothing against my landlord i want to know if the prices are fair.

What I mean with the cost is the money we pay for the plane ticket, placement fee, visa process. We are 100% legal to be here. I just dont want to disclose so much information about my exact location or identity.

We are not doing business with the landlord. the landlord is just our accommodation and ride going to work and back to the house.

(I dont really speak english. so sorry for my very annoying English)

$10 a month to help pay electricity for a 5 bedroom house holding 12 people sounds like a bargain to me. I have 3 people in my house and pay $500 a month for electricity.

Old 05-23-2015, 05:40 PM

Guys can you help us find an apartment or a house that has 3 to 4 beds? Our landlord is really not helping us. We bought a car and he raise our rent +$50 each and demand a parking fee of 100 per car per month. That is not in our contract. We already file a 30 days notice and plan to move out on 3rd week of June. PLease help us!

Old 05-23-2015, 06:50 PM

I am with my other 5 current housemates which compose of 2 boys including me and a 4 girls. Please help us to find a new house. Thank you so much!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or